Sign in to follow this  
kmorse

putting tabular matter inside a marker

I am setting up a map to post results from American Presidential Primaries and caucuses.

I have a Fusion Map and a basic xml file configured and running. The data that I would like to include in the marker section something that would look like this:

(the just stands for "tab space")

Candidate Votes Percent Delegates Winner?

Clinton 100 55.0 10 X

Obama 50 25.0 5 X

Edwards 50 25.0 5 X

I have seen examples of multi-line data that appeared to have line breaks but I do not see in the documentation how to insert a line break -- or line ender.

Also, is there an xml equivalent here for the "tab" character? I would like these to format up as tabular matter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Keith Morse

Denver, Colorado

[/font]

Keith Morse

denverpost.com

hi,

In the Office Localtion Example from Maps Gallery you can get the XML that shows how to use multiline in marker tooltips. Apply the same to marker labels.The idea is set the font style's property isHTML='1' and use this font style to markerlabels and use <BR> (i.e. HTML <BR>) for line break in markerlabels. For tabs please use

I was trying to put tabular matter inside a tooltip, but have had little success. If I use the

Just as an experiment, I set up my tabular matter inside a conventional HTML page, then pasted it into my tooltip (after making the proper entity translations) and I got no line break from the

Here is the HTML I am trying to replicate inside the tooltip:

b>Democrats table>table width="100%"> tr> td align="left">Candidate /td> td align="right">Votes/td> td align="right">% /td> td align="right">Delegates /td> /tr>

tr> td align="left">Clinton /td> td align="right">100 /td> td align="right">50.0 /td> td align="right">10 /td> /tr>

/table>

I think my HTML is valid. Am I missing something something in the Fusion Maps process here?

Thanks in advance,

Keith Morse

Hi,

the example above only shows line breaks not tabular output...

I suppose the table tag is not supported...? At least I can not get it to work neither in a marker nor in a tooltip...

Greetings,

Mahoutsoukai