Sign in to follow this  
malli08

Some Of Doubts About Fusioncharts

Hi, This is a great library which is providing charting solution for different technologies. I want to use this in my JSP pages but, i have some doubts about it. Some of them ar my client requirement also. I have to develop a time series chart (ie., realtimeline chart) for ForEx trading. my doubts are...

1) Is the chart is zoomable(zoomin and out ).

2) If user starts his browser at any time on that time the market may starts then the old data i am storing in db is it possible to display old data. and the chart should continue with current changes.

3) Can i call servlet in XML file because we are fallowing MVC so the logic will be some where not in JSP. Which can be accessed through servlets.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply thank you.

Guest Bindhu

Hi, This is a great library which is providing charting solution for different technologies. I want to use this in my JSP pages but, i have some doubts about it. Some of them ar my client requirement also. I have to develop a time series chart (ie., realtimeline chart) for ForEx trading. my doubts are...

2) If user starts his browser at any time on that time the market may starts then the old data i am storing in db is it possible to display old data. and the chart should continue with current changes.

3) Can i call servlet in XML file because we are fallowing MVC so the logic will be some where not in JSP. Which can be accessed through servlets.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply thank you.

Hi,

>> FusionCharts supports Zoom Line chart but it does not support the real time charting capabilities, as of now.

For more details on 'Zoom Line Chart Specification Sheet', please refer tot he link below,

Zoom Line Chart

>> Yes it is possible to show historical data on the chart if you can provide the same in the XML/JSON data.

For more details on 'Data streaming capabilities', please refer to the link below,

Data streaming Charts

>> Can your servlet provide data in the required format?

If your servlet can provide the live data feed in the required format to the FusionCharts charting engine, then yes, you may provide.

Please note:

The 'dataStreamURL' parameter sets the path of the page which is supposed to relay real-time data to the chart.

If you've special characters as a part of your data stream URL, like ? or &, you'll need to URL Encode the entire dataStreamURL

This page needs to be on the same sub-domain on which the chart is hosted and invoked from.

Otherwise, the Flash sandbox security will restrict it from accessing the data and hence the real-time feature won't work.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Bindhu