AndyBradley

Problem With Charts And Security In Final Version

Hello,

I purchased the final release of Collabion Charts this week and upgraded our existing production server from the Beta release to the new v1.0 release and activated the product.

Now we are having a problem. On charts that pull data from SharePoint lists/views we can no longer view the data when users only have "Read" permissions on the site. On our site we have a permissions group that has "Read" permissions on the site and our domain users are in this group. When one of them views the site the chart shows "No Data to display", then you can select SignIn as Different User from the SharePoint menu and sign in as a user with Member/Owner rights to the site and the page will properly display the data in the graph. Then login as the read only user and the data does not appear in any chart.

This is only affecting SharePoint list charts, there is a chart that pulls data from a SQL server and it displays properly.

Any idea as to what may be happening with this installation? I really need to get this back up and running ASAP.

Thanks,

Andy Bradley

[email protected]

Attached is the error that the Log is showing:

"Chart settings could not be retrieved. Please check your connection settings and try again."

I have done some more testing and found that if I am logged into SharePoint as a user who is the Site Administrator all the charts display properly. If the user is any other security context the charts that pull from SharePoint lists do not display - they show "Invalid Data".

Looking at the ULS I find the following entry at the same timestamp :

Name=Request (GET:https://portal.reawire.com:443/sites/lafayette/operations/_layouts/CollabionCharts/WebService.aspx?GetChartXml=g_fc66fdb2_8e1c_4da8_931c_6dad07ae9394)

Detected use of SPRequest for previously closed SPWeb object. Please close SPWeb objects when you are done with all objects obtained from them, but not before. Stack trace:

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListCollection.GetListByName(String strListName, Boolean bThrowException)

at Dev.SharePoint.Utils.Extensions.SPCollectionExtensions.Contains(SPListCollection collection, String listName)

at Collabion.Charts.DAL.ListHelper.Get[T](SPWeb web, String listTitle, SPQuery query, Func`2 converter)

at Collabion.Charts.DAL.Managers.DataManager.Get[T](SPQuery query, Func`2 converter)

at Collabion.Charts.DAL.Managers.ChartConfigurationManager.Get(String webPartId)

at Collabion.Charts.CollabionChartWebPart.PreRenderWebPart()

at Dev.SharePoint.Base.WebParts.WebPartBase.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.WKPSTD_ASPX__918253323.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb)

at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr managedHttpContext, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr managedHttpContext, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr managedHttpContext, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)

I also noticed a few entries like this with an Access Denied Message:

Entering monitored scope (Request (GET:https://portal.reawire.com:443/sites/lafayette/operations/_layouts/AccessDenied.aspx?Source=https%3A%2F%2Fportal%2Ereawire%2Ecom%2Fsites%2Flafayette%2Foperations%2F%5Flayouts%2FCollabionCharts%2FWebService%2Easpx%3FGetChartXml%3Dg%5Ffc66fdb2%5F8e1c%5F4da8%5F931c%5F6dad07ae9394&Type=list&name=%7B827138D2%2D1736%2D4596%2DA8B4%2D97836890C681%7D))

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have lots of carts created in the Beta product that are now not working.

If we create new charts they also do not work with the same errors.

Guest Sumedh

Yes - the new updated version has corrected the issue with the security rights.

Thank You,

Andy

smile.gif