Sign in to follow this  
gremsi26

Fusion Charts With Env.js And Rhino

I am generating svg code with rhino and env.js for a chart. The problem is that either the actual chart is too big, or there isn't enough padding for the chart labels and title. Here is the xml data I am using:

<chart animation='0' animate3D='0' caption='Weekly Sales Summary' xAxisName='Week' yAxisName='Amount' numberPrefix='> <set label='Week 1' value='14400' /><set label='Week 2' value='19600' /><set label='Week 3' value='24000' /><set label='Week 4' value='15700' /> </chart>

I have attached the html file with the generated svg code. Is this a known issue with env.js and fusion charts and are there any parameters I can use to fix this problem? I have already tried using the margin and padding parameters and none of them work.

Bar2D1_TEST.html

Edited by gremsi26

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Can you please explain the mechanism that you have used to generate SVG using Rhino.js and Envjs? So that, we can look into it.

Hi,

Can you please explain the mechanism that you have used to generate SVG using Rhino.js and Envjs? So that, we can look into it.

Sure, here is the link to download the project folder: https://www.dropbox....y75/rhinoch.rar, it can be imported in eclipse but you would need to run it through command line anyway. This is the command needed to run the js file:

java –jar js.jar –opt -1 init.js

init.js loads env.js, all fusion charts scripts, a template file located in

Gallery/Bar/Bar2D1_TEST.html

and scripts to render the chart. It then takes the rendered chart (svg code) and writes it back to the template file.One thing you have to remember to change is the absolute path to the template file (this is used to set window.location).

I have played around with the width and height parameters and fusion charts properties. The only time it seems to work is when the fusion charts width/height parameters are set to 100% and either the div has no width and height properties or has specific sizes.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by gremsi26

Sure, here is the link to download the project folder: https://www.dropbox....y75/rhinoch.rar, it can be imported in eclipse but you would need to run it through command line anyway.

I have played around with the width and height parameters and fusion charts properties. The only time it seems to work is when the fusion charts width/height parameters are set to 100% and either the div has no width and height properties or has specific sizes.

Hi, I am working on the same project ans gremsi26. By inspection, we're guessing the FusionCharts library uses values in the DOM to calculate values needed to render the chart's SVG elements. Envjs has a lacking DOM, so we think that may be the problem area. Do you know what specific properties in the DOM that FusionCharts is using when rendering charts? If so we might be able to manually set these in the Env.js environment.

Thanks,

Charles

Guest Sumedh

Hi, I am working on the same project ans gremsi26. By inspection, we're guessing the FusionCharts library uses values in the DOM to calculate values needed to render the chart's SVG elements. Envjs has a lacking DOM, so we think that may be the problem area. Do you know what specific properties in the DOM that FusionCharts is using when rendering charts? If so we might be able to manually set these in the Env.js environment.

Thanks,

Charles

Hi Charles,

We are looking into this, We will get back to you shortly.

HI, have there been any updates on this issue?

We are looking for a solution to exports charts at the server side (without rendering them).

Is there a way to do this with FusionCharts XT?

Thanks,

Rohit

Edited by rvats