Sign in to follow this  
tmcc

Dynamic Query Variables For Sql Connection

When using the "Results of a SQL query" for a SQL connection there is an input box for "Query variables". Is it possible to reference values for the defined variables on the same sharepoint site page the chart is on? I'd like to pass parameters to the query based on who is logged in, or what is currently selected on the site page.

Hey,

No, it is not possible to pass dynamic parameters to the Query Variables.

Query Variables box is used to declare variables with predefined values. These variables can then be used as part of your SQL Query.

For more information, please refer at:http://docs.collabion.com/charts/1.0/contents/data_source/data_provider.html

Hope this helps.

Being unable to pass parameters to the data source seems to be a major oversight in any charting product.  Will this functionality be included in the next release?

The situation I am in now is that I've purchased the Collabion charting tool, but it is incapable of displaying any data in my dataset because it needs to download the entire unfiltered database as a single table before I can tell it to display only a handful of those records using a dynamic filter.  (Since my dataset has millions of rows in it, the charts simply time out before displaying anything.)  Is there a workaround you could suggest for this scenario or am I stuck with a tool that cannot be used?

Appreciate your time,

~Dean