Sign in to follow this  
nani460

Nested Linked Charts Using Sql Server Database

hi ,

i got a requirement to show linked charts where , data for the charts come from sql server database .

i tried this with the help of fusion chart free version , i was succeeded to a level but not complete .

i want to get nested charts (for ex: first i get a pie chart about company expenditure for a year based on departments

if i click on any department (slice of the pie) i need to show a 3d column chart for that department expenditure based on monthly)

i was able to do up to first level only .........:(

Can any one pls help me :)

Thanks in advance .

Prabhu

Edited by nani460

s i got it ,

but one problem i am getting nested links but i am unable to get column chart .

i am getting pie chart after clicking on pie chart .

PLS can Any one help me ......

Thanks

Prabhu

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Prabhu,

Thank you for your post.

Please note that FusionCharts Free does not support for Linked Charts but supports Drill-down feature partially.

So, if you want to create a linked chart (Pie Chart Drill-down to Column3D Chart), you need to provide a user defined JavaScript function as link to each <set> element of your XML data for Pie Chart and create a Column3D Chart inside that function definition.

But, as you have mentioned, you are using SQL server for your chart data, could you please send us the code snippet for "linking your second level chart", to better look into your issue?

However, FusionCharts XT supports completely the Linked Chart feature, where you can configure Drill-down Chart type with lots of customization.

Awaiting your feedback.

hi Sashibhusan ,

firstly thanks for u reply , but i got it ........

fusion charts are good and easy to use , still i am working on few fusion charts .

if all go well we may buy this product.

i got a concern " when we click on pie chart i got a column chart as sub chart , but when i click on other slice of pie chart i got one more column chart"

but it would be better if i can see only the current column chart . is their any chase of achieving this ?

Thanks Sashibhusan & Fusion charts

Thanks & Regards

prabhu

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Prabhu,

Thank you for your response.

Please note that FusionCharts' Charts will always render within a DIV container.

So, if you need to show the Column3D Chart for second Pie slice click, by replacing the previous linked Column chart, you need to render the corresponding linked chart with in the same DIV.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on your requirement along with the code snippet, to make us understand the way you are rendering the linked charts, so that we can suggest the exact solution?

Also, you can try by rendering the linked charts within a separate frame by putting "F-" prefix in the "link" attribute of the <set> element, which can meet your requirement.

For more information on "FusionCharts Link Format", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?DrillDown/LinkFormat.html

Hope this helps !