Sign in to follow this  
valoukh

Charts Not Rendering Correctly In Some Browsers

Hi all,

I have a problem which I'm afraid is a classic case of "it used to work and now it doesn't", although it's bound to be something I've done that's broken it.

post-28592-0-50026200-1344856211_thumb.jpg

Charts are no longer rendering correctly (the bars/pie aren't being drawn) in Firefox 14.0.1, Opera 12.01 or IE 9 (see image left). They work ok in IE 8 and Chrome 21.0 (see image right). The fact that I just wrote "they work ok in IE 8" is in itself making me think I've done something to break them.

If anyone can shed any light on what might stop the 3d graphics from being drawn correctly that would be great. I have tested in the above browsers on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008; charts are being rendered via JavaScript and ASP classic.

Thanks,

valoukh

Hi,

I am using Fusion Charts Version 3.2.2 and i am rendering them using "javascript ". It is working well in Mozilla, Chrome,IE9 and all other browsers except IE8. I have read all your replies but none of them is helping me out.

It is showing a message as "A run time error has occured" as you can see in the screen attatched.

Thanks,

Anurag

errorIE8.bmp

Thank you for your reply Bindhu.

I believe I have found the cause of the problem. We use Google APIs to connect to the latest version of JQuery. On 9th August a new version of JQuery was released (1.8.0). For some reason FusionCharts doesn't seem to like it! I can't put my finger on what exactly is causing the issue but the charts work perfectly with JQuery 1.7.2. This would explain why the charts used to work, then stopped working.

anurag_8279: your problem is not necessarily the same as mine. What is on line 53?

Thanks,

valoukh

Guest Bindhu

Thank you for your reply Bindhu.

I believe I have found the cause of the problem. We use Google APIs to connect to the latest version of JQuery. On 9th August a new version of JQuery was released (1.8.0). For some reason FusionCharts doesn't seem to like it! I can't put my finger on what exactly is causing the issue but the charts work perfectly with JQuery 1.7.2. This would explain why the charts used to work, then stopped working.

anurag_8279: your problem is not necessarily the same as mine. What is on line 53?

Thanks,

valoukh

Hi Valouk,

We are glad to know you have managed to resolve the issue :)

anurag_8279: You may create a new forum topic.

Please share the XML data for further testing.

Also, please let us know the chart type that you are currently using, along with the version of FusionCharts suite that you are currently using, as is in the FusionCharts.js file.

Hi,

I had working on developing on something using FusionChart. It was great. I had fun using it.

But i had detect chart not rendering in some browser.

In my case, i had download FusionChart trial version (to play around before decide to buy it, i will by it :) ).

It work find on IE 7 but not working on firefox 15.0.1 and chrome.

using PHP 5.4.4, apache 2.4.2

here the screen shot for the issue

Kindly appreciate your respon.

Thanks in advance.

post-29898-0-16388400-1348061407_thumb.jpg

post-29898-0-88744000-1348061417_thumb.jpg

post-29898-0-14021500-1348061427_thumb.jpg

Edited by liza

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Did you get any error message while rendering chart in browser? If yes then, please send the browser console details.

Also, send us the sample code as well as chart XML for testing purposes.