Sign in to follow this  
Pri

Problem With Drill Down Of Charts

Hi,

For drill down of charts, on click of a data plot another charts appears in a popup window. This is working fine for me normally. But when I am exporting an excel file from my application. After exporting this excel as soon as I go back to drill down of the chart, I get "unspecified fusion charts" error. To resolve this I went through the fusion charts documentation and go to know that I can solve this problem using link='j-{javascript method}-{parameters}'. But when I tried that nothing is happening on click of the chart.

PS. I tried displaying the example chart by Fusion charts for drill down using javascript. But I got no data to display message.

Please let me know if I would have gone wrong somewhere. Also please help me resolving the "Unspecified fusion charts" error.

Thanks,

Pri.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Could you please elaborate on this:

"After exporting this excel as soon as I go back to drill down of the chart, I get "unspecified fusion charts" error. To resolve this I went through the fusion charts documentation and go to know that I can solve this problem using link='j-{javascript method}-{parameters}'."

What you are trying to achieve?

Hi,

Can you please make sure that the verion of the chart which are using actually support j- format? You can try with a very basic XML given in our Documentation.

Once you confirm, please check that j- is calling the required function.

Next, check that the function is correctly recognizing (and then taking action based on the value of the parameter) the parameter you are passing. Please note that the way parameters are passed through j- is vastly different from the way these are passed through the use of JavaScript : .

Through j-, a single parameter is passed and as String. So, if you are deciding some action based on the value of the parameter (which you check through evaluating the parameter), please check whether your the result of the evaluation is not the same as expected (as the type of the parameter is always String)

Hi,

Could you please elaborate on this:

"After exporting this excel as soon as I go back to drill down of the chart, I get "unspecified fusion charts" error. To resolve this I went through the fusion charts documentation and go to know that I can solve this problem using link='j-{javascript method}-{parameters}'."

What you are trying to achieve?

Hi Sumedh,

There is one different module in my application where I am exporting an excel. After I export this excel, I go back to the drill down chart and click on the data plot. As soon as I click on the data plot I get "unsepcified error". Currently on click of data plot I am using follwoing "Javascript:get()" to call the chart. I am using version 3.1 of fusion charts.

Below is the screen shot of my error.

error.bmp

Thanks,

Priyanka

Edited by Pri

Hi,

Can you please make sure that the verion of the chart which are using actually support j- format? You can try with a very basic XML given in our Documentation.

Once you confirm, please check that j- is calling the required function.

Next, check that the function is correctly recognizing (and then taking action based on the value of the parameter) the parameter you are passing. Please note that the way parameters are passed through j- is vastly different from the way these are passed through the use of JavaScript : .

Through j-, a single parameter is passed and as String. So, if you are deciding some action based on the value of the parameter (which you check through evaluating the parameter), please check whether your the result of the evaluation is not the same as expected (as the type of the parameter is always String)

Hi Sudipto,

Thanks a lot. I am using ver 3.1 for fusion charts, and I came to know about j-format from the documentation that I got along with this version, so I gussed it should work with my version. I tried the example from your documentation and for me nothing is happening onclick. Although when I go to the data plot my pointer changes to hand recognising that there is a link. Do you think I would have missed out something?

Regards,

Priyanka

Hi,

Is it "Javascript:get()" or any thing else you are passing as parameter?

In case it is only, get() that you are calling, can you please try once with "j-get-void" and let us know.

Hi,

I am passing 1 parameter with this in this way, Javascript:get(""+region+""). I tried calling the method as "j-get-region", but on click i am just getting hand symbol and nothing is happening.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Guest Sumedh

Hi Priyanka,

Could you please try using using latest version of FusionCharts XT?

We have released FusionCharts XT v3.2.2 Service Release 4 on 6th, August 2012. It has many bug fixes and enhancements.

You can get the trial version from here: http://www.fusioncha...ownload/trials/

Also, find attached illustration of drill-down chart with j-prefix method.

DrillDown_LinkJs.zip

Hi Priynaka,

Are you running the program from local filesystem?

If so, can you please try once running it from a web server?

If it is working from a web server, you need to setup Flash Player Global Security settings to enable Flash to JavaScript communication (and vice versa). The j- actually works when this communication is enabled.

Also, please check if you have enabled registerWithJS when you render the chart.

Hi Priynaka,

If it is working from a web server, you need to setup Flash Player Global Security settings to enable Flash to JavaScript communication (and vice versa). The j- actually works when this communication is enabled.

Also, please check if you have enabled registerWithJS when you render the chart.

Hi,

Thanks.

I changed the settings for the flash player and now it is working for file system. :) But it is not working when I am generating the chart thorugh java code. :( .

Edited by Pri

Hi,

I looked into this again and found that I was pointing to a wrong folder. When I included the correct folder in my trusted location the code is working for me know. Thanks a lot team for your continuous support. :)

Hi Priynaka,

hi Sudipto Choudhury!

your answer helps me a lot, thanks!