Sign in to follow this  
Shrikant S

Linedcharts Not Working For Flash Render Mode

Hi,

I want to use linked charts in my application. For that I have used the sample from your site and tested with Javascript and Flash mode. I am able to get see functional linked charts through Javascript render mode but for flash it is not.

Following are the details:

1. We have licence Fusion chart version and upgraded to @version fusioncharts/3.2.3-sr3.5347

2. Attached sample contains xml and html. HTML needs to be updated to map proper javascript path.

3. I am using desktop browser 'IE 8'. I could see chart with flash mode but could not drill down to next level.

Could you please let me know how I can use linked charts (drill down) functionality for flash mode with the attached sample?

Thanks,

Shrikant

LinkedCharts.zip

Hi,

Please note that the Flash Player Global Security settings needs to be enabled, if you are running the application from local file system (C:\ or D:\) and not from web server (local or live).

Flash Player's Global Security setting blocks invoking/calling JavaScript from SWF (Flash Movie) by default. So you need to reset your setting into Global Security Setting panel and enable it while using Drill-down functions and various other JavaScript related functions.

Please refer to the following page for further details on the Flash Player Global Security settings:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/Tools/FlashPlayerSecuritySetup/HowToSetup.html

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for help. The sample works for me on Web site.

But I see performance issue on IE 7 & above browsers. The chart sometime take 2 mins to load or even more. Rest of the browsers works smoothly.

Currently I am showing this chart on lightbox. Can you lease help me on that?

Thanks,

Shrikant

Hi,

Please note that the Flash Player Global Security settings needs to be enabled, if you are running the application from local file system (C:\ or D:\) and not from web server (local or live).

Flash Player's Global Security setting blocks invoking/calling JavaScript from SWF (Flash Movie) by default. So you need to reset your setting into Global Security Setting panel and enable it while using Drill-down functions and various other JavaScript related functions.

Please refer to the following page for further details on the Flash Player Global Security settings:

http://docs.fusionch...HowToSetup.html

Hope this helps. :)

Guest Sumedh

Hi Shrikant,

What chart type are you using? How many data-points are you trying to plot?

Also, can you paste your sample code here for testing purpose?

Hi Shrikant,

What chart type are you using? How many data-points are you trying to plot?

Also, can you paste your sample code here for testing purpose?

Hi,

We are using 2D PIE chart. After changing the flash global setting we are able to use linked charts.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Shrikant