Sign in to follow this  
heika

Resize The Width Of Category In Gantt Chart

Hi all,

I am using the Gantt Chart as something like schedule and I want to resize the category since sometimes the date may not filled with item.

Is there method to do the resize?

Also, the categories are having consecutive days. Is there a way for me to insert 1/7/2012 then 3/7/2012, that means having the 2/7/2012 missed out?

Thanks in advanced!

Guest Sumedh

Hi all,

I am using the Gantt Chart as something like schedule and I want to resize the category since sometimes the date may not filled with item.

Is there method to do the resize?

Also, the categories are having consecutive days. Is there a way for me to insert 1/7/2012 then 3/7/2012, that means having the 2/7/2012 missed out?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi,

Can you please elaborate a bit more on your requirement?

If possible, can you send us a screen-shot of the same?

example.png

For example, I want to add a filter that the chart can show only odd days but the size of the task bars remain unchanged.

I think if I can set the even days column width to zero or if the time stated in the category not consecutive (like the code below) , then it will be OK.

<category start='1/7/2012 07:00:00' end='1/7/2012 20:59:59' label='1'/>
<category start='3/7/2012 07:00:00' end='3/7/2012 20:59:59' label='3'/>

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

With regard to your query, please note that the feature of "plotting discontinued time line for the category element" is not supported by Gantt chart, as of now.

Since, the Gantt chart plot the task, based on visual TimeLine showing the categories, you can define the irregular categories (as you have mentioned in the code, for odd days) but the category column will re-size to show the continuous time line.

Hence, width of all category columns (for irregular categories), will not be equal.

Hope I am able to clarify myself.