Sign in to follow this  
Sunil Pai

Need Help Regarding Gantt Charts

I am using Gantt charts to render my data. I have a few queries-

1) In the categories I display months. I have a default of 6 months back to current date. Now, I want to be able to click on next or back links to move 1 category(month) forward or backwards.

Is there an option to paginate this?

2) As I have a lot of data to be displayed, is there a way to incrementally load data on the gantt chart. If not, how do you suggest handling large quantities of data?

3) When loading the chart, is there a way to show a 'Loading' image? If yes, how?

Thanks,

Sunil

Guest Sumedh

Hi Sunil,

Please find answers to your queries inline below:

1) In the categories I display months. I have a default of 6 months back to current date. Now, I want to be able to click on next or back links to move 1 category(month) forward or backwards.

Is there an option to paginate this?

>> This feature which you are looking for is not supported. However, Gantt chart support scrolling for both the data table and the Gantt view pane.

For more information, please refer this URL: http://docs.fusionch...ntt/Scroll.html

2 ) As I have a lot of data to be displayed, is there a way to incrementally load data on the gantt chart. If not, how do you suggest handling large quantities of data?

>> The feature of incremental data loading for "Gantt" chart is not possible.

Please note that the charts of FusionCharts Suite XT have varying data plot limits depending upon the chart types and the performance of the chart could be increased upto some extent by opting to set off shadow, animation and tooltip etc.

The maximum data-plot limit for Gantt Chart is upto 2000 tasks and ideal processes limit would be upto 500 as the rendering time increases with increase in number of processes.

3) When loading the chart, is there a way to show a 'Loading' image? If yes, how?

>> Yes, you can achieve this using "initialize" event. This event is raised when an instance of FusionCharts JavaScript class is initialized. This happens prior to data loading and chart creation events.

For more information, please refer this URL: http://docs.fusionch...API/Events.html

You can achieve it by creating a div with image. And add delay on "render" function.

Please refer the following code,

Ref. Code:

style: <style>
#chartContainerParent {
position: relative;
height: 300px;
width: 400px;
border: 1px dashed #efeffe;
}

#chartContainerParent #floader {
position: absolute;
top: 35%;
left: 35%;
width: 100px;
height: 100px;
background:url('loader.gif') no-repeat;
border: 1px solid #efdfea;
display:none;

}
</style><div class="gen-chart-render">
<div id="chartContainerParent"><div id="chartContainer"></div><div id="floader"></div></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
//The Preloader is loaded here by checking the Initialization of JavaScript Class.
FusionCharts.addEventListener( "initialized", function(e,a) {
if (e.sender.id=="myChartId") {
$("#chartContainerParent #floader").show();
}
});
//Creating an Object instance for the FusionCharts JavaScript Class
var myChart = new FusionCharts( { renderer: "javascript", swfUrl: "Charts/Gantt.swf", id: "myChartId", width: "400", height: "300"});
myChart.addEventListener( "Rendered", function() {
$("#chartContainerParent #floader").hide();
});
myChart.setXMLUrl( "Data.xml" );
setTimeout("myChart.render( 'chartContainer')", 3000);
</script>
</div>

I am trying to use Gantt Chart to display around 400 processes and 150 tasks. However fusion chart doesn't work when the processes are more than 184. Why is that so? Getting error box msg "a script is causing adobe flash player to run slowly. If it continues to run then the page may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?" 

Also Charts are getting displayed in Chrome but not in Explorer.

Edited by Sagnik

Guest Sumedh

Hi Sagnik,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Can you please send us the chart XML? for testing purposes?

Meanwhile, can you please test it using the latest version of FusionWidgets XT? i.e., FusionWidgets XT v3.3.1?

Recently, we have released a new version of FusionWidgets XT, it has many bug fixes and improvements.

Can you please test using this version?