Sign in to follow this  
IMK

Javascript And Linkedchart

Hi.

I have a LinkedChart with descendant data embedded in parent data. Descendant charts render over parent chart. How do I default to one of the descendant charts at page load, w/o having to click on the parent chart? Basically, I have a QueryString param that tells me what descendant chart I should default to. Is there's a way to control which descendant chart to show via javascript?

Thanks!

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

It is not possible to configure the default decedent chart, you would have to call configureLink function on the chart id.

Please refer the following code:

Ref. Code:

var myChart = new FusionCharts( "FusionCharts/Column2D.swf", "myChartId", "320", "250", "0", "1" );
 myChart.setXMLUrl("summary-data.xml");
 myChart.render("chartContainer");

FusionCharts("myChartId").configureLink (
 {
   swfUrl : "../../../../Charts/Pie3D.swf",
   overlayButton:
   {    
     fontColor : '880000',
     bgColor:'FFEEEE',
     borderColor: '660000'
   }
 }, 0);

For more information, please refer the following URL:

http://docs.fusionch...nkedCharts.html

Hope this helps!

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Sincere apologies for the mis-communication and previous reply.

It is not possible to load the decedent chart on page load with the parent chart.

Hi,

Sincere apologies for the mis-communication and previous reply.

It is not possible to load the decedent chart on page load with the parent chart.

OK, thanks. Another question then - is there any way to create a bar chart so that:

* jsonurl method is used for async retrieval of the data

* it has data for multiple series provided at start

* only one series is displayed at a time

* the bars from same series render one next to another (as opposed to having space in between reserved for hidden series)

* the y and x axis scale to values of displayed series (as opposed to being scaled to largest values across all series)

* displayed series can be changed via a javascript method and no legend is displayed

Basically, I want to make only one call to get the chart data for several metrics, but display only one metric at a time and be able to switch displayed metric using javascript. Is there any other way to accomplish this while having FusionCharts make the ajax call?

I know I could get what I need by making the ajax call on my own, store the JSON on the page and provide different parts of it to a chart so it only has one series to display at a time. But was hoping for an easier way where FusionCharts takes care of getting and storing the data.

Thanks!