Sign in to follow this  
itsm

Cannot Style Heatmap Y Axis Labels

I am trying to setup y axis labels as hyperlinks. I set the rowId to something like <a href="pagename.aspx">label1<a> and am able to get a hyperlink. I want to set the color to blue and underline the texts. So I created a style for it. The documentation indicates that style for Y axis labels can be set using "DATAYLABELS" and X axis labels can be set using "DATAXLABELS". http://docs.fusioncharts.com/powercharts/Contents/ChartSS/HeatMap.html#Objects But none of them is working. When I set "DATALABELS", the style gets applied to X axis. Please help.

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please note that we have identified some issues regarding the "DATAYLABELS" attribute that currently applies styles on both X and Y-axis labels when used in Flash Chart and the JavaScript is unable to accept the style.

We have already reported this and currently looking into this. We shall update you at the earliest.

Meanwhile, in case style applied to both the axis labels is not an issue and is currently using Flash Charts (as in screenshot), you may let us know. We would be able to provide you with a work-around in that case.

Hope this helps. :)

post-8144-0-11926400-1348307415_thumb.jpg

Of course, as work-around for JavaScript charts, you can apply the same style to DATLABELS and YAXISVALUES objects along with DATAYLABELS.

<apply toObject='DATAYLABELS' styles='MyFirstFontStyle,MyFirstShadow' />

<apply toObject='DATALABELS' styles='MyFirstFontStyle,MyFirstShadow' />

<apply toObject='YAXISVALUES' styles='MyFirstFontStyle,MyFirstShadow' />

I know that this is a bit old thread but I need to drill down on the label and run a javascript function and was wondering if this is still the best practice method?

Can I put a hyperlink into the rowid? Or is the best thing to do is to use an HTML 5 grid instead or possibly can I set up the Drag Node chart in rows and columns if I programmatically create the x and y's?

Thanks

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

That's also not possible, you can not put hyperlink in the rowId.  :(

Also, can you let us know what do you want to achieve with Drag Node charts? Do you want to put hyperlinks for that?

I think that I need to use a Grid since I want to have values in a row and column format with the ability to drill down.  Once I drill down then I guess I can product the chart at that point.  The HeatMap looked perfect until I started working with it and saw the limitations.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

As of now, you can provide hyperlinks over data-plots (set elements) and over entire chart.  :(