Sign in to follow this  
FusionCharts Support

Can someone explain RenderChartHtml for me?

Hi guys!

Hope you have patience with me for this one. I've been looking through the documentation but I just don't understand how this works...

Let's say I have an aspx file with a code-behind c# file. I want to update the chart from my code so I've been looking for examples online, but snippets of code won't help me until I understand the architecture of it. For instance I found a post where a guy uses this code:

Response.Write(xmlData);//Create the chart - Pie 3D Chart with data from

xmlDatalblChart.Text = InfoSoftGlobal.FusionCharts.RenderChartHTML("FusionCharts/AngularGauge.swf", "", xmlData,"fChart", "200", "240", false);

Response.Write? From what context is this code run? Isn't there a chart object I can just call on? It seems like they way to do it is by the RenderChartHtml method, but how do I use that? I've got the professional edition of FusionCharts but I don't see any .dll files to include in my VS project...

Could somebody please give me a walktrough of how to do this? Do I import the InfoSoftGlobal namespace? Will there be a special FusionChart control to add to the aspx page or do I still display the chart using javascript?

Thanks in advance!=)

hi,

You do not need the Response.Write(...);

It might be that the code has been written also to see the  dataXML for the chart. Hence the code.

Response.Write(xmlData);//Create the chart - Pie 3D Chart with data from

xmlDatalblChart.Text = InfoSoftGlobal.FusionCharts.RenderChartHTML("FusionCharts/AngularGauge.swf", "", xmlData,"fChart", "200", "240", false);

FusionCharts is a Flash Charting Component and we currently provide a Wrapper class, FusionCharts (InfoSoftGlobal namespace) for the Chart.

The FusionCharts.dll can be found in the CODE >> VB_NET / C# >> BIN folder.

We are currently developing a Web Server Component which would simplify the process as you have said. As of now you can go to our docs : www.fusioncharts.com/docs >> Guide for Web Developers >> Using With ASP.NET VB // using with ASP.NT C# section where the things are explained in the simplest possible manner.

Thanks for the tips, those docs look like they cover what I need=)

However, I still cannot find any .dll in my package... The doc says "All code discussed here is present in Download Package > Code > C# > BasicExample folder" but there is no C# folder in my Code folder... Is this something reserved for the Enterprise package? I do have a CodeRealTimeDataProvidersC# - Code Behind folder, but no .dll here either...

Thank you very much!=)

I didn't see the difference myself, hehe. But now I've got the dll and the documentation online so now I can get cracking on this!