ranikds

Prototype.js Is Conflicting With Fusioncharts Rendering Javascript Charts

post-28565-0-59355300-1349352898_thumb.pngHi,

We are using FusionCharts 3.2.3 to render charts in Javascript mode when flash is unavailable. We are also using prototype.js which is conflicting with the new FusionChart script files.

We are getting the following error when accessing a particular module: "TypeError: element.tagName is undefined" in prototype.js file.

We tried to upgrade prototype.js to latest version but that gave more issues.

Adding script for jquery noConflict also didn't help us resolve the conflict. Please note this issue is occuring only when javascript charts are rendered and no conflict when the flash charts are rendered.

post-28565-0-59355300-1349352898_thumb.png

Please look into the issue and suggest accordingly as this is hindering the release. (Please fins attached screenshot of the error)

Thanks!

Rani

Can you let us know of the line number where this error is happening? Do you have a license that contains the source codes? If yes, then providing an accurate line number by using the source code would help. Giving us a screenshot of the FireBug script tab after the error log has been clicked, would give us a better idea.

Also, is there any specific interaction that raises this error or it just happens on chart load?

Which version of prototype.js are you using? Are there any other plugin or extension of prototype that is on that page?

And lastly, while we probe into the issue, if you can mail us ([email protected]) a scaled down HTML sample that exhibits this error, it would help us speed up resolution.

Can you let us know of the line number where this error is happening? Do you have a license that contains the source codes? If yes, then providing an accurate line number by using the source code would help. Giving us a screenshot of the FireBug script tab after the error log has been clicked, would give us a better idea.

Also, is there any specific interaction that raises this error or it just happens on chart load?

Which version of prototype.js are you using? Are there any other plugin or extension of prototype that is on that page?

And lastly, while we probe into the issue, if you can mail us ([email protected]) a scaled down HTML sample that exhibits this error, it would help us speed up resolution.

In fact FusionChart crash as soon as you define a prototype function.

this code

Object.prototype.objectClone = function()
{
var newObj = (this instanceof Array) ? [] : {};
var i;

for (i in this)
{
	if (i == 'clone') continue;
	if (this[i] && typeof this[i] == "object")
	{
		newObj[i] = this[i].objectClone();
	}
	else
		newObj[i] = this[i]
}
return newObj;
};

even if it is not called make FusionChart Crash and Firefox crash too !