Sign in to follow this  
Valeriy

Combination Charts (Dual Y)

for 2D Dual Y Combination Chart how i can add display anchor for Area chart? if in xml renderAs = "Line", then we can see anchor, but i need show anchor also for xml param renderAs = "Area", let me know, how i can?

Hi,

Of course! Please use anchorColor and AnchorRadius attributes.

Example:

anchorColor='ff0000' anchorRadius='10'

Thanks a lot, but i have any question, i need output display data how and left side

look screenshot please in attache, possible?

i want just duplicate left and right data is same

post-29501-0-18963700-1349774565_thumb.png

Hi,

1. Could you please confirm if you are looking for plotting the same data against both Primary (left) and Secondary (Right) axis?

In case yes, you would need to provide similar data for both the Area and the Line plots for both the axes.

2. Also, in case you are trying to display the data that is currently on the primary axis to show on the secondary axis, instead of what is displayed now, please try setting "parentYAxis='S'" for the Area plot. The "Line"{ plot would be plotted against the left axis at this point.

Ex:

<dataset ... renderAs='LINE' >
     </dataset>
     <dataset ... renderAs='AREA' parentYAxis='S' >
     </dataset>

If we are unable to comprehend your query and the above reply is not what you are looking for, please specify your requirement a bit elaborately so that we can assist you further.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

1. Could you please confirm if you are looking for plotting the same data against both Primary (left) and Secondary (Right) axis?

In case yes, you would need to provide similar data for both the Area and the Line plots for both the axes.

2. Also, in case you are trying to display the data that is currently on the primary axis to show on the secondary axis, instead of what is displayed now, please try setting "parentYAxis='S'" for the Area plot. The "Line"{ plot would be plotted against the left axis at this point.

Ex:

<dataset ... renderAs='LINE' >
     </dataset>
     <dataset ... renderAs='AREA' parentYAxis='S' >
     </dataset>

If we are unable to comprehend your query and the above reply is not what you are looking for, please specify your requirement a bit elaborately so that we can assist you further.

Hope this helps. :)

Yes, thanks, good, and again prblem with chart, look images please, why i see chart how polyhedron? how i can remove line (red cross)

Thanks

post-29501-0-31031100-1349863260_thumb.png

Hi,

The border that you see on top,side and bottom of the area is actually a border around the whole plot, and we call it plot border. You can not partially (only from below and side) hide it in a chart. You can hide it completely via - plotBorderAlpha='0'

What you seem to require is a combination of an area without the border and a line with anchors on top of area. As of now, this is not possible, directly - but possible using work-around - please read my next post on this.

However, in the upcoming release, we will be supporting this requirement in the JavaScript charts where the chart can show an area similar to the attached image, but only through JavaScript charts.

post-179-0-49674400-1350034163_thumb.jpg

Hi Valeriy,

I am just revisiting with an existing work-around, since you are using MSCOmbiDY2D chart.

The work around is stated below:

1. For each area, create a line dataset and an area dataset with same values

2. Disable the plotBorder (plotBorderAlpha='0') of the area and do not use any anchor related setting for the area. - so that the area is drawn without anchors and borders

3. For the line dataset set all anchor related attributes like anchor colors, use the plotBorderColor of the area to set the color of the line

Here is your XML that I modified:

<chart showValues='0' numVisiblePlot="31" lineThickness='5' divLineAlpha='0' divLineThickness='0' divLineIsDashed='1' divLineDashLen='0' divLineDashGap='0' alternateHGridColor='000000' canvasBorderAlpha="0">

<categories>
       <category name='1' />
       <category name='2' />
       <category name='3' />
       <category name='4' />
       <category name='5' />
       <category name='6' />
<category name='7' />
       <category name='8' />
       <category name='9' />
   </categories>

<dataset seriesName="October" renderAs="Area" plotBorderAlpha='0'>
   <set value="270.85"/>
   <set value="350.41"/>
   <set value="4059.41"/>
   <set value="1279.61"/>
   <set value="277.13"/>
   <set value="0"/>
   <set value="4099.13"/>
   <set value="0"/>
   <set value="684.51"/>
   <set value="1758.45"/>
 </dataset>
 <dataset renderAs="line" anchorRadius="4" lineThickness="3" anchorBgColor="0099cc" color="0099cc" plotBorderThickness="3"  >
   <set value="270.85"/>
   <set value="350.41"/>
   <set value="4059.41"/>
   <set value="1279.61"/>
   <set value="277.13"/>
   <set value="0"/>
   <set value="4099.13"/>
   <set value="0"/>
   <set value="684.51"/>
   <set value="1758.45"/>
 </dataset>    
</chart>

post-179-0-53185700-1350034904_thumb.jpg

but why line border can not see? possible control separately lineThickness for chart and lineThickness for border? just chart looking back without border(((

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

If you render Line chart in combination chart.

Then, if you want to increase the line thickness, then you would need to apply "lineThickness" attribute at the dataset element.

Ref. Code:

<dataset ... renderAs='Line' lineThickness='4'>

And "plotBorderThickness" attribute is used to configure thickness for column, area border.

Ref. Code:

<chart ... plotBorderThickness='3'>

Hope this helps!