Sign in to follow this  
VangaSD

Hover And Click Events On Whole Chart Object

Hi,

Is there any way to listen for mouse hover and mouse click events on any chart?

I am not talking about individual series/columns.

I am planning to show some re-size controls on hover over and properties when clicked on chart (at any place, even when the user clicks on border color, which is in Flash).

I am using Flash fusion charts.

Thanks.

Hi,

The chart allows to track (through JavaScript) click on the whole chart space if you can declare clickURL attribute. This does not invoke any event. But you can call a JavaScript function through this.

Example: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/Code/DrillDown/ChartHotSpot.html

Charts do not support mouse-hover event.

However, you can bind normal JavaScript mouse-over event listener on the container HTML element of the chart to cater to your requirement.

Hi Sudipto,

But this will disable the drill-down feature on each individual column of a column chart. No?

I want a Flash Chart which will have all it's regular features like dill-down and an additional event listener for click and mouse over on them.

Hope I explained my issue clearly.

Thanks.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Yes, if you implement clickURL attribute then whole chart will work as a single hotspot and drill down functionality with individual data-points will not work.

So, Implementing clickURL attribute and drill down functionality simultaneously is not possible.

Also, Sudipto has mentioned in earlier post that FusionCharts does not support mouse-hover events.

Thanks for your time and support.