engrade

Data Values Inside Column Charts

I have column charts where the colors are various and sometimes can even be black. Problem is, no matter how I do it, the data value for the tallest column always ends up inside the column itself. And since my data values are black, they often can't be seen very well against the dark bars.

So I've tried various things:

- setting the parameter that forces values into the bar to be "0" (apparently it will force all into a bar if set to 1, but this doesn't force all of them out of the bars of you set it equal to 0)

- setting some kind of padding above the bars (canvasPadding seems to only pad left and right)

- putting a 1px white shadow on the value (shadowing apparently doesn't work for Javascript/HTML5 renderer, but only for the Flash renderer... we require Javascript/HTML5)

- tried increasing "valuePadding", which only serves to push others values inside the bar if they then reach over the top

So now I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

** UPDATE **

I tried just calculating a height myself by taking the tallest value, adding some, and setting the y axis max to that. It works, but requires more manipulation on my side, isn't of course completely accurate and seems to mess w/ gridlines some. So, still looking for a more elegant solution if it's available.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Guest Sumedh

Hi Jeremy,

A warm welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

With regard to your issue, you would have to set "yAxisMaxValue" attribute explicitly for this scenario.

The data-plot containing max value close to the chart canvas will appear inside the column due to lack of space.

You would have to calculate the "yAxisMaxValue" and set it according to your data plot values.

Please find attached screen-shots for your reference.

Hope this helps!

post-24802-0-97257100-1350897485_thumb.png

post-24802-0-16104000-1350897499_thumb.png

Right, this is what I ended up doing. Would be great if you all would consider this for a future feature as it's not a very elegant solution. Thanks tho.

Hi Jeremy,

A warm welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

With regard to your issue, you would have to set "yAxisMaxValue" attribute explicitly for this scenario.

The data-plot containing max value close to the chart canvas will appear inside the column due to lack of space.

You would have to calculate the "yAxisMaxValue" and set it according to your data plot values.

Please find attached screen-shots for your reference.

Hope this helps!