DavideS

Pass Parameter

Hi,

I am very interested to buy the product.

But I would like to know if it is possible to pass parameters, (ex in the URL) to report Collabion for Sharepoint

example 1

I would like to passed to the report, a display period

(3 months, 6 months, 1 year) depending on what the user selects in a text box

The report should then filter for the parameter passed

example 2

I have a charts lines, where each line is related to a customer

From my Sharepoint page in a text box, I’d like my report to make only one customer visible,thereby removing the others from the view

The report hould visualize only one line

Thanks

Davide

I have the same question.

I have a sales report that I want to chart with drill downs to the orders. Ultimately I am looking for a interactive dashboard without upgrading to Sharepoint Enterprise.

My report asks for a date range ( Months to view ). When I re-used the query, I was unable to pass in the parameters in the box above the query box - there may be a syntax format I was not using. I ended up replacing the @startdate and @endate parameters with actual values. It may be that this is not possible - I do not see any supporting documentation regarding adding parameters. The filters did not work on the query I used.

Hi,

But I would like to know if it is possible to pass parameters, (ex in the URL) to report Collabion for Sharepoint

example 1

example 2

From my Sharepoint page in a text box, I’d like my report to make only one customer visible,thereby removing the others from the view

Thanks

Davide

Hi Jon,

The SQL parameter option works in very limited way, please refer to http://docs.collabion.com/charts/1.1/contents/data_source/data_provider.html#SQL to know how this works.

I have the same question.

I have a sales report that I want to chart with drill downs to the orders. Ultimately I am looking for a interactive dashboard without upgrading to Sharepoint Enterprise.

My report asks for a date range ( Months to view ). When I re-used the query, I was unable to pass in the parameters in the box above the query box - there may be a syntax format I was not using. I ended up replacing the @startdate and @endate parameters with actual values. It may be that this is not possible - I do not see any supporting documentation regarding adding parameters. The filters did not work on the query I used.

I want to give a plus one to this feature. There is no good reason why you cannot pull a query from the url to modify the chart when the page is rendered. Please implement this so we can have the ability to automatically applied filters!

Hi,

example 1

example 2

Thanks

Davide

+2. We want to do the same. We have multiple sites and are having to create a set of reports for each site rather than one set of reports that expects the user name so SQL will return the specific data for the user. This would be a very significant time savings.

Guest Sumedh

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your suggestion. We would definitely try to implement this feature. smile.gif