Steven L

Usa (States) Map Marker Link Firing Twice

Hi,

We are currently using version "fusioncharts/3.2.4-sr1.10100" to render pure javascript USA (States) map with some XML data. I have a simple alert link attached to each entity. This seems to fire okay for all entities but it is firing twice for markers like "DC" and "MD".

I verified this on your visual map builder (http://docs.fusionch...ionMapsGUI.html) with flash plug-in disabled. You just need to select the USA (States) map and add the following XML:

<map mapTopMargin="0" mapRightMargin="0" mapBottomMargin="0" mapLeftMargin="0" showCanvasBorder="0" baseFont="Verdana" baseFontSize="10" bgAlpha="0" showShadow="0" canvasBorderColor="387C44" toolTipBorderColor="000000" showToolTipShadow="0" hoverOnEmpty="0" animation="0" showBevel="0" showMarkerLabels="1" fillColor="F2F2F2" borderColor="A6A6A6" hoverColor="FF8040" markerBorderColor="A6A6A6" markerBgColor="FF5904" markerRadius="0" legendPosition="bottom" useHoverColor="0" showMarkerToolTip="1" showLabels="0" showAboutMenuItem="0" includeValueInLabels="0" showConnectorToolTip="1" toolTipBgColor="F1F1F1" markerLabelPadding="0" markerFontColor="000000" connectorThickness="0" connectorAlpha="0" connectorColor="000000" borderAlpha="100">
 <data>
   <entity id="MD" showLabel="1" color="B7BCDA" labelConnectorAlpha="100" value="24" toolText="Maryland" link="j-alert-1" />
   <entity id="DC" showLabel="1" color="B7BCDA" labelConnectorAlpha="100" value="11" toolText="District of Columbia" link="j-alert-1" />
   <entity id="DE" showLabel="1" color="5F6AAD" labelConnectorAlpha="100" value="10" toolText="Delaware" link="j-alert-1" />
   <entity id="AR" showLabel="1" color="5F6AAD" value="5" toolText="Arkansas" link="j-alert-1" />
   <entity id="AZ" value="4" toolText="Arizona" link="j-alert-1" />
   <entity id="AK" showLabel="1" color="5F6AAD" value="2" toolText="Alaska" link="j-alert-1" /><entity id="AL" showLabel="1" color="5F6AAD" value="1" toolText="Alabama" link="j-alert-1" />
 </data>
</map>

Can you please let me know if this is a bug or if my XML is wrong? Thank you.

Guest Sumedh

Hi Steven,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

We are unable to replicate the same. JavaScript link functions are working fine at our end.

The link is getting fired only one time for DC and MD entities.

Please find attached illustration which is using the latest FusionMaps XT v3.2 SR1 files.

Hope this helps!

FMXT_USA_link.zip

Hi,

I tested the sample you provided and the alert fires twice there as well. If you click the "DC" marker label you will get two alerts. Please see the attached screenshot that shows where I am clicking.

Thank you for your help.

Steven

Hi Steven,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

We are unable to replicate the same. JavaScript link functions are working fine at our end.

The link is getting fired only one time for DC and MD entities.

Please find attached illustration which is using the latest FusionMaps XT v3.2 SR1 files.

Hope this helps!

post-33152-0-23637500-1354116450_thumb.jpg

Guest Sumedh

Hi Steven,

Sincere apologies for the miscommunication.

We are looking into this and we will get back to you on this shortly.

Any update on this one? We have a javascript function attached to the entity which gets fired twice and causes some issues. If there is some code we can comment out or change in the source code that would help us until the next release.

Thanks!

Hey,

We have logged an issue for the same. Our developers are currently working on it.

We would update the forum thread once the issue has been fixed.