Jason C

Group & Drilldown Rounding

Please help!

We are having issues with the group&drilldown functionality rounding our data. We are trying to display ADC (average daily census) grouped by Month and Year in a multi series bar graph. The intent is for the X axis to display the month, the Y axis to display the ADC (value), and the year to be two different series (2012 and 2011). All appears to be working correctly but we can't make the ADC stop being rounded. When we enable the group by, the grouped data preview shows the rounded data. If we drop the group by and just show one years worth of data then it is not rounded.

Thank you for your help.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I am afraid, I did not get what do you mean by "rounding". Is it related with the decimal numbers? Could you please attach a screenshot highlighting/marking the point in it with your post so that We can understand?

It might help if I explain what we are trying to do. We are returning the following values from a SQL database: Month, Year, and ADC. We want the X axis to show Month and the Y axis to show ADC (2 digit decimal value). We want to show 2 series of data (current year and previous year). The only way we could figure out how to do this was with a multi-series chart group x axis by month, show distinct values of year, and max of ADC. This did not sound correct but it was the only way we could figure out how to display a bar chart with the years as series. The problem is that ADC is rounded to an integer rather than a decimal for some reason. If there is another way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the information. Please check the steps below to configure the same charts:

1. Go to "Group & Drilldown" > Check "Enable grouping of data"

2. In Group By, please select "Months" - So that "Months" can be set as "Data Labels"

3. Select "distinct values from field" and choose "EntityDataYear" column. - Choosing this option will make the Years to appear as Data Series.

4. And in option "For each series, display", choose "SUM" of "ADC" column. - This will make SUM(ADC) to appear on Y-Axis.

5. Finally, click on 'Apply' and 'Finish'.

The steps outlined cause the data to be rounded to the nearest integer value. The source data is decimal. How do we make the tool stop changing the decimal values to integers? For example, the data for February is: 2011: 7.09 and 2012: 7.46. Both are displayed on the graph and on the mouseover (seen on the graph) as 17 even though they are signifianctly different values. If we can't make it stop rounding, we will have to use a different chart tool as 7.09 and 7.46 are significanlty different.

Hi Jason,

I am afraid, but it seems that you are missing something or you have wrongly configured the data. Because with the same (data as shown in the PDF file), I am getting the correct output.

post-1758-0-96177400-1355199513_thumb.png

Could you please send your data in CSV format or SharePoint List Template (STP - exported with contents) so that I can check it again? You can send the files to the same support ticket which you have raised.

Also, we have various number formatting options in the Wizard, which you can accessed by clicking on "Number Formatting" step:

post-1758-0-81208500-1355199923_thumb.png

Kumar,

The issue appears to be that Collabion rounds data that is returned as follows:

Facility ADC Month Year

12 14.12 8 2011

12 13.15 9 2011

12 12.12 10 2011

12 12.05 1 2012

If I pass it data lined up as you specified in your example, the tool works correctly. So, I either need to determine how to make the tool use the data it is returned from SQL or write a query to pivot the data into the format you specified. I tried looking for pivot SQL queries but they pvt function aggregates data so it doesn't really work for what I woudl need it to do. Are you aware of a SQL query that can change the above into the format you specified?