Sign in to follow this  
Wally Kolcz

Mobile Browser Issues - Invalid Data

I developed a dashboard for my departments. It works great on all computer based browsers, but when it comes to iPad and iPhone (Safari) and Nexus 7 Google Chrome, I get a ton (but not all) Invalid data responses from 95% of my charts. Is there an issue with the library when it comes to mobile browsers?

Guest Chaitra

Hello,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!

Please check for the following errors if you are getting an "Invalid Data" message.

• Presence of duplicate attributes in the XML/JSON.
  • Difference in case of tags. <chart> should end with </chart> and not </Chart> or </CHART>
  • Missing opening/closing quotation marks for any attributes. e.g., <chart numberSuffix=%' should be <chart numberSuffix='%'.
  • Missing closing tag for any element.
  • If you've double quotes as part of your data,Encode them to " Example: <set label='John says "Hi" to all.' />
  • If you've single quotes as part of your data, Encode them to ' Example: <set label='John' house' />

Hope this helps!

Edited by Chaitra

All are correct. It works fine in all computer based browsers but fails (most, but not all) on mobile devices such as tablets and phones. (Android-4.2-Chrome, Apple-ios6x-Safari) Oddly it works fine on my Dolphin Browser on my Android 2.3 phone.

Hello,

Please check for the following errors if you are getting an "Invalid Data" message.

• Difference in case of tags. <chart> should end with </chart> and not </Chart> or </CHART>
  • Missing opening/closing quotation marks for any attributes. e.g., <chart numberSuffix=%' should be <chart numberSuffix='%'.
  • If you've double quotes as part of your data,Encode them to " Example: <set label='John says "Hi" to all.' />
  • If you've single quotes as part of your data, Encode them to ' Example: <set label='John' house' />

Hope this helps!

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Please confirm, you chart XML should not contain multiple attributes of same type.

JavaScript chart follows strict validation. Also, a space should be maintained between all the attributes.

Check for above points and let us know your feedback.

<chart showBorder='[url=""]0[/url]' caption='' numberSuffix='' lineThickness='[url=""]2[/url]' showValues='[url=""]0[/url]' formatNumberScale='[url=""]0[/url]' anchorRadius='[url=""]3[/url]'   divLineAlpha='[url=""]20[/url]' divLineColor='[url=""]2b5a9d[/url]' divLineIsDashed='[url=""]0[/url]' showAlternateHGridColor='[url=""]1[/url]' alternateHGridColor='[url=""]aec5e5[/url]' shadowAlpha='[url=""]40[/url]' labelStep='[url=""]1[/url]' numvdivlines='[url=""]5[/url]' chartRightMargin='[url=""]35[/url]' bgColor='[url=""]FFFFFF,FFFFFF[/url]' bgAngle='[url=""]270[/url]' bgAlpha='[url=""]10,10[/url]' alternateHGridAlpha='[url=""]5[/url]' yAxisMaxValue='[url=""]500[/url]' legendPosition ='[url=""]RIGHT [/url]'>

<categories >
<category label='[url=""]Q3-2011[/url]' />
<category label='[url=""]Q4-2011[/url]' />
<category label='[url=""]Q1-2012[/url]' />
<category label='[url=""]Q2-2012[/url]' />
<category label='[url=""]Q3-2012[/url]' />
<category label='[url=""]Q4-2012[/url]' />
<category label='[url=""]Q1-2013[/url]' />
<category label='[url=""]Q2-2013[/url]' />
</categories>

<dataset seriesName='[url=""]Physician Referral Total Calls [/url]' color='[url=""]1D8BD1[/url]' anchorBorderColor='[url=""]1D8BD1[/url]' anchorBgColor='[url=""]1D8BD1[/url]'>
<set value='[url=""]2048.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]2763.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]3123.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]3980.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]5451.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]5631.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]5672.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]5920.00[/url]' />
</dataset>

<dataset seriesName='[url=""]Physician Referral Total Appointment Requests [/url]' color='[url=""]757573[/url]' anchorBorderColor='[url=""]757573[/url]' anchorBgColor='[url=""]757573[/url]'>
<set value='[url=""]464.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]298.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]726.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]1709.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]2288.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]2606.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]3547.00[/url]' />
<set value='[url=""]4310.00[/url]' />
</dataset>

<styles>
<definition>
<style name='[url=""]CaptionFont[/url]' type='[url=""]font[/url]' size='[url=""]12[/url]'/>
</definition>
<application>
<apply toObject='CAPTION' styles='CaptionFont' />
<apply toObject='SUBCAPTION' styles='CaptionFont' />
</application>
</styles>

</chart>

Can you share here any of the XML/JSONs here? (you can replace your secure data with dummy data)

That would help debug the data faster.

Edited by Wally Kolcz

Hi,

THe XML seems fine. I guess there can be issues in the implementation.

Our charts works in all devices that has SVG support.

Can you please check some of our gallery samples from our website - http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/ and let us know if these are also casing the same problem in your device? That will narrow down our search for the epicenter :)

Hello,

Hope this helps!

i got the same problem "ínvalid data'',

but however this message came out when i acces my web page from my new PC.

while i opened my web page from other PC everything went right, no ""ïnvalid data"" message and the chart shown as i want.

what's the problem then?

i got the same problem "ínvalid data'',

but however this message came out when i acces my web page from my new PC.

while i opened my web page from other PC everything went right, no ""ïnvalid data"" message and the chart shown as i want.

what's the problem then?

i got my problem solved by installing the latest adobe flash player.

Hey,

Glad to know your issue has been resolved by installing Flash Player.

Since Flash Player was not installed, the browser automatically falls back to a JavaScript charts. "Invalid data" error occurs since JavaScript charts does a strict XML validation whereas Flash chart ignores duplicate attributes.

Hope this helps.