Tim

Incorrect Tooltip Displayed With 0 Values In Js Stacked Area Chart

Hi,

I ran across an issue when displaying a stacked area graph with JS when one more values are 0. Issue was found in 3.2.4-release.8565. I have two series, Wikipedia and Video. Each dataset contains values for about 15 categories (days in this case). All values for both series are zero with the exception of one value in the Video series which has a value of 1. When the graph is rendered you get the expected spike up to 1 for one of the series on that particular day. However, if you mouse over that spike you get the tooltip for the Wikipedia series (value 0) rather than the one for Video (value 1).

Interestingly the tooltip that's displayed depends on the order of the listing of the datasets. This only seems to happen when the later datasets have values of 0 for one or more categories.

Screenshot and sample code/data attached.

Thanks,

-Tim

test.zip

post-10928-0-50736700-1359739034_thumb.png

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

We are looking into your issue.

We will let you know, if any updates on this as soon as possible.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hey,

Since you are using StackedArea chart with two data sets i.e. Wikipedia and Video, the cumulative magnitude of the two data sets will be plotted in the graph and the data point of "Wikipedia" for "29th Jan" category falls on the same point of "Video" data set as the value is zero.

So, the tooltip is showing for "Wikipedia" data set which is displayed depends on the order of the listing of the datasets.

If you disable the legend for "Wikipedia" data set, you can be able to view the legend for "Video" data set.

However, as per your requirement could you please use "MSArea" Chart instead of "StackedArea" chart, so that the value zero for "Wikipedia" will be at zeroth line and will not be summed with the "Video" value for the "29th Jan" category?

Please find the attached screen shot of the same for your reference.

Hope this helps!

post-23588-0-77510300-1360652103_thumb.png

Hey Sashibhusan,

That doesn't quite address my issue. We want a stacked chart because we want to see the total of all series in addition to the values for individual series. A multi-series area chart gives me the latter but not the former.

Your response also doesn't quite explain why the Wikipedia group is displayed. Sure it's last in my list of datasets but the end-user doesn't know that. To them, it's just another series and the wrong tooltip is being displayed for it. Furthermore, it's not as if I can solve the issue by sorting the datasets differently. Whichever one is last will show the tooltip which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Is there any chance this could be addressed as a bug or enhancement request? At a minimum it would be great to have a flag to change the behavior (show the tooltip for the last dataset vs. show the tooltip for whatever dataset I've moused over). Not sure if anyone is actually interested in the former so maybe make the latter the default?

Thanks!

Hi Tim,

I can suggest you a hack for this data: (I am not sure whether that can be acceptable for other data):

set anchorRadius='0.1' for the <dataset> containing wikipedia data.

But for this you need to have the latest update.

And oh! please do not use a space in the plotGradientColor. Set an empty string instead.

Hi Sudipto,

These are dynamic charts. I have no guarantee that for another chart that the zeros might be present in the Videos data as opposed to Wikipedia.

Just to be clear, I'm still looking for a solution that causes the tooltip for the area that you mouse over to be displayed rather than whichever one happens to be listed last in my XML.

Thanks,

-Tim

Hi,

Could I get an update on this issue? It hasn't yet been resolved to my satisfaction. I'm a paying client. Let me know if you need account information.

Thanks,

-Tim

Hi,

Pinging the thread again. Can this at least be confirmed as a bug? The behavior certainly does not seem intuitive to the end user. An update would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tim

Hi,

Pinging the thread again. Can this at least be confirmed as a bug? The behavior certainly does not seem intuitive to the end user. An update would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tim

Hi,

Could you please upgrade your current version to the latest available, i.e, FusionCharts XT (v3.3.1) and see if this helps?

However,  a few of the features that you might be reporting are intended behavior and we would not be able to change it. In such case we would request you to report the same so that we can check with our engineering team.

For priority support for being a paid customer, we would request you to mail us at [email protected].

Hope this helps. :)