Sign in to follow this  
sudhanshu verma

Error In Fusioncharts.hc.js With Android 2.3.3 ,chart Display Using Javascript

Hi,

I am working on an android app which simply display fusion charts in webview . The app is working fine with android 3.0 and above but in case of 2.3.3 it is giving an error "ILLEGAL CHARAACTER at line 112 of FusionCharts.HC.js" . isn't it strange that same data is displaying charts on 3.0 and above using same FusionCharts.HC.js while on 2.3.3 it is giving error. Please assist ASAP??

Regards

Sudhanshu verma

Edited by sudhanshu verma

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum.

With regard to your issue, JavaScript rendering will only work for Android versions 3.0 and above.

JavaScript charts will not work in Android versions 2.2 & 2.3, however, the Flash charts will continue to work in these versions as well provided the devices have native Flashplayer support.

The reason behind is the native browser in Android versions 2.2 & 2.3 uses "Canvas" as a drawing technology whereas FusionCharts XT uses SVG to render our JavaScript charts.

Please refer to our "Tech Specs" page for more information: http://www.fusioncharts.com/products/suite/tech-specs/

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Is there any seperate fusionchart.js file for rendering flash content or we can use the same Fusionchart.js file.

I have license of fusion chart. What exactly this means. License is on fusionchart.js or .swf files?

Am i free to use fusionchart.js?

Guest Sumedh

Hello Sumit,

You can use same FusionCharts.js file. On Android 2.2 and 2.3 version you can render only Flash charts as Swarnam already mentioned this.

To render Flash chart you would need to copy chart specific .swf file into your project folder.

Hope this helps!