Sign in to follow this  
rs1980

General Questions About Charts Gradient, Legend, Print Etc

Hi,

I am using 3.3.0 version.

I need to control the following attributes of a bar chart:

• Gradient palette for the bar chart with start and end color. Currently the "plotGradientColor" can only accept 1 color. I need to specify the color range for gradient in a palette. e.g. Gradient: #66b6d4 - #277197 with Outline: #2a839a; Gradient: #ff9854 - #cf5504 with Outline: #a84400
  • Outline of the bar chart should come from a palette i.e. the palette that i define above should also include a color for the outline/border.
  • Legend on left bottom. Currently only option is right or bottom
  • Print/export button bottom left. next to "manage real time" button for widgets

Rahul

Guest Sumedh

Hi Rahul,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Please find response to your queries in-line below:

Gradient palette for the bar chart with start and end color. Currently the "plotGradientColor" can only accept 1 color. I need to specify the color range for gradient in a palette. e.g. Gradient: #66b6d4 - #277197 with Outline: #2a839a; Gradient: #ff9854 - #cf5504 with Outline: #a84400

>> Color range is not supported for Bar chart.

Outline of the bar chart should come from a palette i.e. the palette that i define above should also include a color for the outline/border.

>> Palette theme configures colors of the following:

- Background and border

- Canvas border and background

- Fonts

- Div lines

- Tooltip

- Anchors

- Legend

For more information, please refer the following link:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?AttDesc/ChartPalettes.html

Legend on left bottom. Currently only option is right or bottom

>> No, This is not possible, as of now. You can place legend at bottom of chart or at the right side of the chart.

Print/export button bottom left. next to "manage real time" button for widgets

>> This is not possible, as of now. You can not adjust positioning of print/export button on the chart.

Hope this helps!

Gradient palette for the bar chart with start and end color. Currently the "plotGradientColor" can only accept 1 color. I need to specify the color range for gradient in a palette. e.g. Gradient: #66b6d4 - #277197 with Outline: #2a839a; Gradient: #ff9854 - #cf5504 with Outline: #a84400

Option to specify multiple Gradient colors through plotGradientColor is not possible as of now. It can only specify a common color that helps in creating a gradient effect mixing with the color specified for the plot.

In case you want to add more gradient points to the color you can specify that in the color attribute of the specific dataplot in <dataset> or <set> element.

Outline of the bar chart should come from a palette i.e. the palette that i define above should also include a color for the outline/border.

Not possible as of now.

Legend on left bottom. Currently only option is right or bottom

Not possible.

Print/export button bottom left. next to "manage real time" button for widgets

For this, there are private and experimental settings that you can try:

toolbarPosition='BL'
toolbarX = '28'
toolbarHAlign='left'
toolbarvMargin='12'

in the <chart> element.

Thanks Sudipto. The experimental settings worked for me. Is there any issue in using them in production environment? any stability issues?

Also regarding the legend positioning and other related questions I have raised, can you register it as an enhancement request for the product?

Option to specify multiple Gradient colors through plotGradientColor is not possible as of now. It can only specify a common color that helps in creating a gradient effect mixing with the color specified for the plot.

In case you want to add more gradient points to the color you can specify that in the color attribute of the specific dataplot in <dataset> or <set> element.

Not possible as of now.

Not possible.

For this, there are private and experimental settings that you can try:

toolbarPosition='BL'
toolbarX = '28'
toolbarHAlign='left'
toolbarvMargin='12'

in the <chart> element.

Hi Rahul,

The experimental options do not have any stability issues. Only that as of now, you need to apply more manual settings to configure things. We are trying to reduce the manual effort (manual calculation of position etc.) in settings these up.

Surely, we will update our wishlist with all you feature requests. However, can not commit any timeline on this as these would be scrutinized before implemented.