Goodwell

Linux Debian On Rpi

Hi,

I have Linux debian running on my pi and I am trying to view a fusionchart through php.

I have a LAMP setup and can serve my previously made php pages without a problem, being able to view data from a mysql database.

My goal is to view the database info through a line chart and widgets but for now I'd be happy to see the demo column3d chart working.

I followed the fusioncharts beginners guide book to add the demo chart but could not get it to load. The .php page will display with the appropriate text on the browsers tab but the chart itself does not display. On my iphone, where the chart should be displayed, it says; Loading.. please wait, but nothing ever happens. On my windows laptop; it says chart not supported, even though I can view the live demo of the chart from the fusioncharts website.

Do I need to install anything on debian to allow JavaScript to be served?

Regarding debian with apache; when fusioncharts refers to the 'root of my application' to create 'Includes' and 'Charts' directory, would this be '/var/' or '/var/www/'?

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

You do not need to install anything to allow JavaScript to be served.

Please check with generic development guide on Apache and PHP and JavaScript to know how to include JavaScript files etc.

Further, start with a simple sample that does not involve database.

Once that is passed, you make sure that you have correct database connectivity through PHP and then you are try some code to retrieve data from database and show in table (without using FusionCharts) to ensure that your data retrieving functions are working correctly.

Now, you may follow the database examples and render chart.

In case you fail in any step related to implementation of FusionCharts (after you have successfully run non FusionCharts related JavaScript and database codes) please let us know along with your code.