Sign in to follow this  
sam140

Overlay Property

hi

i am enable to used overlay property .my drill down first level working fine but i am not enable to used overlay property to go back parent chart..how i will do plz provide solution

my code is this..

FusionCharts("chart").configureLink (

{

swfUrl : "MSCombiDY2D.swf",

overlayButton:

{

fontColor : '880000',

bgColor:'FFEEEE',

borderColor: '660000'

}

}, 0 );

can some one have example code of this please provide it?

thanks and regards

sam reddy

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please note that the syntax for "configureLink()" is as follows :

configureLink (Parameter1, Parameter2);

Where, Parameter1: is an Object containing all configurations (chart and overlay-Button)

Parameter2: accepts a number which denotes the level being configured. The first drill-down level is 0 (zero)

Since, you have set the second parameter to "0", it will be configured for the first drill-down level and you will get the "Close" button at the top right corner of child chart.

Please visit the online demo of the implementation of the same from the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/Code/JavaScript/Basics/UsingLinkedCharts/linked-charts-config-basic-xml.html

Could you please confirm whether the above link works for you as per your requirement?

Awaiting your response.

Hi sir

i already posted my code what i am using .but i am not able to do this

can you please provide the proper solution of the overlay button.

as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards

sam

Hi sir

i already posted my code what i am using .but i am not able to do this. iam define link in xml using java script function in that i have passed two value ..

1 for define id where is chart render

2 for xml file path

can you please provide the proper solution of the overlay button.

as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards

sam

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please find the attached sample of one label Drill Down chart (with overlay property), working fine from our end with FusionCharts XT V3.3.0 Evaluation files.

Hope this helps!

DrillDown_Sample.zip

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Sam,

Since you are calling your custom JavaScript function from the chart link and creating one child chart by creating a separate FusionCharts constructor, the "configureLink()" function will not work in this case.

Please note that you can configure the linked charts using "configureLink()" function, only if you are using the descendant chart data embedded with the parent chart data or specifying the URL of descendant chart data in the parent chart XML .

For more information on "Creating LinkedCharts > Configuring LinkedCharts", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?DrillDown/LinkedCharts.html

Hope this helps!

hi sir

i am using custom javascript method in this method i have create so many drill down through linking chart property.i am also provide the proper linking in the parent chart .and also provide the rendering id of the chart.i am provide the linking in particular value.but i am using all drill down through this method its working fine but overlay property can not work...can you please provide the solution of this...

thanks and regards

sam

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Sam,

As I have mentioned in the previous post, the overlay property will be functional only when you are rendering LinkedCharts and drilling down to child chart using the same FusionCharts JavaScript constructor.

Since, you are rendering child chart by creating one separate FusionCharts JavaScript constructor, you can not set overlay property using "configureLink()" function.

However, as a work around you can call one custom JavaScript function from a HTML button and re-render the parent chart in that function, which will work as "Back" button of child chart.

Hope this helps!