Sign in to follow this  
jdanwilliams

convert chart to bitmap image

Hi,

I want to convert the fusion chart's chart into an image and save it into the server's disk.

I got a tool which will load SWF file in memory and will convert it into image. But how can I call fusion chart SWF file with the xml data from the server memory using this tool? The tool is expecting an SWF file as the input and it will generate the image.

Any other way is there to do it from client or server side?

Any Body can give me help on this issue?

FusionCharts is rendered on the client side using Adobe Flash Player. Essentially, FusionCharts is a set of .swf files, which when requested by the users, downloads on his/her machine, reads the XML data and then plots the chart.

Owing to limitation of Macromedia Flash Player itself, which doesn

Hi,

i'm a web developer and i need a Dynamic Chart for a client of mine.

I'm evaluating various charts generators from diferents companies and i must say that your product are in the top #1 in my list, due to good documentation and easy implementation process.

I would buy imediatly FusionCharts v3 if it wasn't for a little problem. The aplication that i'm developing needs the Charts to be render in flash and in a bitmap image (jpeg/png) (for further integration in a PDF).

You said that:

"Owing to limitation of Macromedia Flash Player itself, which doesn

Hi,

Swiff Chart Generator generates the entire chart at server side.

This bitmap data method is not very suitable for FusionCharts, as transferring even a chart data for 500x500 pixels chart involves a huge data load.

Hi Pallav Nadhani,

The implementation of this feature doesn't seem to be out of reach nor do I think it will significantly effect the size of the swf files themselves.  Would it be totally out of line to suggest the feature be implemented and let us worry about the server load it creates?

Thanks,

Dan

Guest Rajroop

Hi Raj,

Welcome the FusionCharts Forum! :w00t:

The link given below showcases FusionCharts Export capabilities of exporting charts as images (JPEG, PNG) or PDFs at client-side or server-side.

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/ > Exporting as Image/PDF

In case you want to avoid the rendering of the Flash chart and require that the image of the required chart is generated/saved directly, we could be able to offer a solution, only when using a .NET server, for this.

Please drop a mail at: [email protected]

I hope this helps. :)

In case you want to avoid the rendering of the Flash chart and require that the image of the required chart is generated/saved directly, we could be able to offer a solution, only when using a .NET server, for this.

Hi.. Can you please explain this part? How does it exactly work in .NET server without rendering the chart on the browser?

Guest Madhumita

Hello,

We have an ASP.Net assembly file which does the needful.

If you could please send us the order number of your FusionCharts purchase at [email protected] we will send you the sample application.