cja

Designtimeerror: #25081843

Hi,

I'm noticing an error in Firefox 19.0 when I call jquery code to update a chart's swfUrl. The error message I get is:

DesignTimeError: #25081843 myChartID.render Error >> #25081843:IECompatibility() Chart Id is same as a JavaScript variable name. Variable naming error. Please use unique name for chart JS variable, chart-id and container id.

I get this with my code and the error is also appearing the the Fusion Charts ChangeType.html example code - At this directory in your documentation:<path to FusionCharts>/Code/jquery/BasicExample/ChangeType.html

Is this a known issue / how do I workaround?

Thanks,

Charles.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

I'm noticing an error in Firefox 19.0 when I call jquery code to update a chart's swfUrl. The error message I get is:

DesignTimeError: #25081843 myChartID.render Error >> #25081843:IECompatibility() Chart Id is same as a JavaScript variable name. Variable naming error. Please use unique name for chart JS variable, chart-id and container id.

I get this with my code and the error is also appearing the the Fusion Charts ChangeType.html example code - At this directory in your documentation:<path to FusionCharts>/Code/jquery/BasicExample/ChangeType.html

Is this a known issue / how do I workaround?

Thanks,

Charles.

Hi Charles,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

This error occurs when you have a JavaScript variable in the global window scope with the same name as that of the chart's Id.

Could you please try giving a unique "chart id", "div id" and "variable name"? and try once again?

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me. My chart does have a unique id. The chart works fine except when I try to change the swfUrl. Changing the data no problem.

I can replicate this problem in your own example code - see attached file. For me using Firefox 19.0 this example code is throwing the error mentioned above when I click the 'Change Chart Type' button.

Charles.

ChangeType.html

Just to be clear. In you own sample code - attached above - I see this error in Firefox Firebug:

post-19697-0-77357900-1362730275_thumb.png

Edited by cja

Guest Sumedh

Just to be clear. In you own sample code - attached above - I see this error in Firefox Firebug:

Hi,

Sincere apologies for the delayed response.

We have identified this as a bug.

We will update you on this, as it will be fixed.

Thanks for your time and support.

Thanks for coming back to me Sumedh.

I look forward to hearing from you when you have more news.

Charles.

Hi,

Can you give me an update on where you are with this? (It's been close to a month since my first post!)

Thanks,

Charles.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Can you give me an update on where you are with this? (It's been close to a month since my first post!)

Thanks,

Charles.

Hi,

Our Engineering team is still working on this issue.

We will update you on this as soon as we get any update from our Engineering team.

Thanks for your support and time.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Our Engineering team was busy with other high priorities issues.

So, this issue hasn't been fixed yet. We will update you this as early as possible.

Thanks for your time and support.

Guys,

We're now at 4 months since I raised this. This is a bug (which you have acknowledged) and appears in your own sample code. When will this be fixed?

FWIW, I believe the Joel Test for professional software development is quite helpful. Test question #5 is: Do you fix bugs before writing new code?

Please get this sorted!

Charles.

Guest Sumedh

Hi Charles,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We will give you an update on this, by end of this week or early next week.

Guest Sumedh

Hi Chalres,

This issue has been fixed internally. 

And we would update you on this, once the fixed has been released.

I'm pleased to hear you've fixed this internally.

I look forward to hearing from you when you release the fix.

Charles.

I'm pleased to hear you've fixed this internally.

I look forward to hearing from you when you release the fix.

Charles.

If you are using FusionCharts.js without the source code, you can lookup the following line in your obfuscated FusionCharts.js assuming its 3.3.1-release (any other version will have slight variance, on other version, but searching with the text "25081843" should get you near.)

a.renderer.dispose(this);window[this.id]!==void 0&&a.raiseError(this,"25081843",

and replace it with 

a.renderer.dispose(this);window[this.id]=undefined;window[this.id]!==void 0&&a.raiseError(this,"25081843",

If you want to make changes in unobfuscated source code, mail to [email protected] with reference to this forum post and you would be helped. :)

Great - I have implemented that fix and your code now works without throwing an error.

While I am delighted this is now fixed, some feedback for you: I would feel better about FusionCharts if it hadn't taken 5 months to get this bug sorted!

Charles.