Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

Clicking on map entity isn't calling handler

I'm using FusionMaps inside a flash movie and am having trouble getting click events when I click on a map entity. I even tried the included sample (Code/FlashExamples/ClickHandler.fla), which traces when an entity is clicked, and that doesn't get called either.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks.

Hi,

Starting Flash Player 9.0.115, the asfunction no longer works. As such, we're porting the new release to use click event handlers instead of asfunction. This should be out in a couple of weeks.

Hi,

If you want to modify the code yourself, you need to make the change in com/fusionmaps/core/Map.as > invokeLink method.

Hi, I'm currently evaluating the software and am very impressed. However, I'll need the Javascript drilldown capability in order to purchase this and our users will be using the latest Flash plugin. Is there an update to when this fix will be available?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Pallav,

any news on the date for the flash update to get around the AS function? Also how will change the in the XML (link="asfunction:handleMapClick,AT"/>

Thanks

Neil

Hi Pallav,

This week for the update? Great, can you let me know when this new version is up in the updates section of the Product Update Center, normally the updates are not dated there, so the only way i can find out if they are actually new is to download them and do a binary compare against the last ones I downloaded.

Thanks

Neil

Neil,

I'm sorry for the delay - we've yet not been able to release the new version owing to some more Flash player new incompatibilities. While we have the map SWFs ready, the final package is taking some time to build (as we're introducing another 200+ maps).

If you're in urgent need of maps, just send us an email at support [at] fusioncharts.com and we'll send you the maps.

Thanks Pallav,

I don't need the new maps, just the updated code.

Its really annoying that Adobe killed the AS functionality, presumably it was to do with the ever tightening secturity on Flash :-(

Can you give me some realistic expectation on when this might be released?

it just that we are anxious, and we may need to code a workaround..

Thanks,

Neil