Sign in to follow this  
JamesZ

Licensing Security

I know you offer a free flash version and non-free javascript solution.

My question is regarding the javascript version. Assume someone buys the javascript version and then use the javascript files on their website. That's all fine.

1 - How can you tell that the website is using a paid version & not a demo or trial version?

2 - Can't another person simply just copy the fusion javascript files and use them on another website.

I'm sure this is not something unique to Fusion charts as it would apply to all other companies that provide html5/javascript solutions.

Basically, how can we know that the version that we paid for legally will not be copied & used somewhere else.

Thankyou

Hi,

I know you offer a free flash version and non-free javascript solution.

My question is regarding the javascript version. Assume someone buys the javascript version and then use the javascript files on their website. That's all fine.

1 - How can you tell that the website is using a paid version & not a demo or trial version?

2 - Can't another person simply just copy the fusion javascript files and use them on another website.

I'm sure this is not something unique to Fusion charts as it would apply to all other companies that provide html5/javascript solutions.

Basically, how can we know that the version that we paid for legally will not be copied & used somewhere else.

Thankyou

Please note that FuisonCharts does not provide any security system to restrict the usage of files. We would provide you with the files when you purchase the license. The usage and storing securities needs to be provided from your end as per your requirement.

For the evaluation version, the charts do not have any visual or functional difference. Only the evaluation charts are watermarked which is not visible in the licensed version.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't answer my question.

Back to my example, assume I have a website with a legal purchased copy of FusionCharts javascript.

Then, imagine a dishonest visitor comes to my website (site1) and decides to simply copy and steal the FusionCharts javascript files.

He then uses them on his website (site2).

Then you (FusionCharts) visits site1 and site2. How will you know which one is the legal version?

Thank you

Hi,

Please note that FuisonCharts does not provide any security system to restrict the usage of files. We would provide you with the files when you purchase the license. The usage and storing securities needs to be provided from your end as per your requirement.

For the evaluation version, the charts do not have any visual or functional difference. Only the evaluation charts are watermarked which is not visible in the licensed version.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't answer my question.

Back to my example, assume I have a website with a legal purchased copy of FusionCharts javascript.

Then, imagine a dishonest visitor comes to my website (site1) and decides to simply copy and steal the FusionCharts javascript files.

He then uses them on his website (site2).

Then you (FusionCharts) visits site1 and site2. How will you know which one is the legal version?

Thank you

Hi,

We do not have any native solution for this from our end. :(

Once you have purchased the license, you can set up any security measures to restrict your purchased licensed files to get copied by any other visitor.

Hope this clarifies. :)