Sign in to follow this  
JPhelps

Fusioncharts.js Error

Hello,

I am using FusionCharts XT. I am working through the example shown in the documentation. I have written test.html as follows:

<html>

<head>

<title>My Chart</title>

<script type="text/javascript" src="FusionCharts/Charts/FusionCharts.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

function ExportMyChart() {

var chartObject = getChartFromId('myChart');

if( chartObject.hasRendered() ) chartObject.exportChart();

}

</script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="chartContainerDiv">FusionCharts loaded here...</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');

var myChart = new FusionCharts('FusionCharts/Charts/Column3D.swf', 'mynewChart', '900', '300', '0', '1');

myChart.setXMLUrl('Data.xml');

myChart.render('chartContainerDiv');

</script>

</body>

</html>

Data.xml is written as follows:

<chart exportEnabled='1' caption='Weekly Sales Summary' xAxisName='Week' yAxisName='Sales' numberPrefix=' >

<set label='Week 1' value='14400' />

<set label='Week 2' value='19600' />

<set label='Week 3' value='24000' />

<set label='Week 4' value='15700' />

</chart>

I am running this on localhost...and when I browse to test.html the graph renders. When I click on the download button I receive an error from firebug that states...

too much recursion .... FusionCharts.js ( line 58)

The files in FusionCharts/Charts/ are:

Area2D.swf MSCombi3D.swf

Bar2D.swf MSCombiDY2D.swf

Bubble.swf MSLine.swf

Column2D.swf MSStackedColumn2DLineDY.swf

Column3D.swf MSStackedColumn2D.swf

Data.xml Pareto2D.swf

Doughnut2D.swf Pareto3D.swf

Doughnut3D.swf Pie2D.swf

FCExporter.swf Pie3D.swf

firebug-lite.js Scatter.swf

FusionChartsExportComponent.js ScrollArea2D.swf

FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js ScrollColumn2D.swf

FusionCharts.HC.js ScrollCombi2D.swf

FusionCharts.jqueryplugin.js ScrollCombiDY2D.swf

FusionCharts.js ScrollLine2D.swf

jquery.min.js ScrollStackedColumn2D.swf

Line.swf SSGrid.swf

Marimekko.swf StackedArea2D.swf

MSArea.swf StackedBar2D.swf

MSBar2D.swf StackedBar3D.swf

MSBar3D.swf StackedColumn2DLine.swf

MSColumn2D.swf StackedColumn2D.swf

MSColumn3DLineDY.swf StackedColumn3DLineDY.swf

MSColumn3D.swf StackedColumn3DLine.swf

MSColumnLine3D.swf StackedColumn3D.swf

MSCombi2D.swf ZoomLine.swf

I've searched the documentation to no avail....I assume I'm just not seeing something obvious. If you could point me in the right direction I would be much obliged.

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum.

Can you please confirm the version of FusionCharts used? Also, can you please try downloading the latest version of FusionCharts XT (@version fusioncharts/3.3.0-release.18739) and check if the issue resolves at your end?

Hey,

Can you please try upgrading to the latest version(@version fusioncharts/3.3.0-release.18739) and check if your issue is resolved?

Hello,

I did a preliminary check and it worked (after upgrading to release 18739).  I will confirm after I test more thoroughly.  Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Ok, the export options now work...except for export to pdf, which gives me the following error at the url http://export.api3.fusioncharts.com/

DOMId=
height=0
width=0
fileName=
statusMessage=About to transcode 1 SVG file(s) Converting d7ad2755c22dadbeba062298681d95c1.svg to batik/temp/d7ad2755c22dadbeba062298681d95c1.pdf ... ... error (SVGConverter.error.while.rasterizing.file)
statusCode=0

These are the chart settings I have.

<chart caption='".$q."' yAxisName='Percentage' xAxisName='' showLabels='1' showValues='1' exportEnabled='1' >

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Could you please upgrade your FusionCharts version to the latest one? and try once again?

Recently, we have released FusionCharts XT v3.3.1 Service Release 1. It has many bug fixes and enhancements.

You can get the trial version from here: http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/trials/

If this doesn't help to resolve your issue, please mention the chart type which you are using and also send us the chart XML.

Hope this helps!

Hello,

Ok after upgrading to 3.3.1 SR1 the export to .pdf now works.  Thanks for your help  For anyone else reading this don't forget to clear your browser cache after you update the FC library files.  There is one other problem I think that I did not mention before.  You can export to .svg but no actual graphics are on the file.  Just the axis labels and title (this is with the MSColumns3D).

I am using the PHP API to generate the charts.....Here is the output when inspecting the object in firebug. The below of course is in a script tag.

var __redacted__ = new FusionCharts( {  "swfUrl" : "FusionCharts/Charts/MSColumn3D.swf",  "width" : "788",  "height" : "400",  "renderAt" : "__redacted__Div",  "dataFormat" : "xml",  "id" : "__redacted__",  "dataSource" : "<chart caption='__title redacted__' yAxisName='Percentage' xAxisName='' showLabels='1' showValues='1' exportEnabled='1' ><categories>  <category label='Not True At All' />  <category label='Somewhat Not True' />  <category label='Somewhat True' />  <category label='Very True' /></categories><dataset seriesName='2010-11' >  <set value='18.5' />  <set value='15.6' />  <set value='33.0' />  <set value='32.9' /></dataset></chart>" } ).render();

Hello,

Ok after upgrading to 3.3.1 SR1 the export to .pdf now works.  Thanks for your help  For anyone else reading this don't forget to clear your browser cache after you update the FC library files.  There is one other problem I think that I did not mention before.  You can export to .svg but no actual graphics are on the file.  Just the axis labels and title (this is with the MSColumns3D).

I am using the PHP API to generate the charts.....Here is the output when inspecting the object in firebug. The below of course is in a script tag.

var __redacted__ = new FusionCharts( {  "swfUrl" : "FusionCharts/Charts/MSColumn3D.swf",  "width" : "788",  "height" : "400",  "renderAt" : "__redacted__Div",  "dataFormat" : "xml",  "id" : "__redacted__",  "dataSource" : "<chart caption='__title redacted__' yAxisName='Percentage' xAxisName='' showLabels='1' showValues='1' exportEnabled='1' ><categories>  <category label='Not True At All' />  <category label='Somewhat Not True' />  <category label='Somewhat True' />  <category label='Very True' /></categories><dataset seriesName='2010-11' >  <set value='18.5' />  <set value='15.6' />  <set value='33.0' />  <set value='32.9' /></dataset></chart>" } ).render();

Hi,

Could you please mail us the details, preferably with screenshots and sample at "[email protected]" so that we are able to test the same and update you on this?

Awaiting your reply.

Actually I don't think there is a problem....I was trying to open the svg with Image View in ubuntu...which doesn't support that file type.  I can view the file just fine when opening with a browser.  Thanks for your help.