Hello,

I am using client-side export handler for saving charts to images/pdfs.  Everything functions well.  The only issue I have is that the Export Component (FCExporter.swf) doesn't display friendly chart names in the left column:

post-29853-0-10614500-1366235427_thumb.png

If I were to set "caption" attribute on my charts, then Export Component will show it in the left column, but my charts must have no captions.  I have set "exportFileName" attribute on my charts and clicking on Save button will display the proper file name, but it is impossible to tell which chart is behind the Save button by looking at the Export Component UI.

Is there a way to tell Export Component how to "name" each chart in the left column instead of showing generic "ChartImage #"?  I initialize Export Component as:

fcExporter = new FusionChartsExportObject('fcExporterSwf', '@Url.Content("~/Content/FusionCharts/FCExporter.swf")', {
  fullMode: '1',
  saveMode: 'both',
  showAllowedTypes: '1'
});

I have tried setting "caption" attribute via JS as shown below, but that didn't help at all.

function FC_ExportReady(DOMId) {
  fcExporter.exportAttributes.caption = "my friendly report name for DOMId";
}

What can be done without setting chart's "caption" attribute?  Why doesn't Export Component fall back to using value of "exportFileName" or accept "fcExporter.exportAttributes.caption"?

I am using FCExporter.swf from FusionCharts XT Intranet version 3.3.1 (4th April, 2013).  Swf file itself is 24,726 bytes, last modified on Thursday, ‎April ‎04, ‎2013, ‏‎8:44:12 PM.

Regards,

Ilya

Guest Sumedh

Hi Liya,

We are looking into this. We will get back to you on this shortly.

Hi Liya,

We are looking into this. We will get back to you on this shortly.

Hi,

Have you been able to research on this?  Would really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,

Ilya

Guest Sumedh

Hi Liya,

Apologies for the delay.

I am afraid, there is no way to put names for each file other than using the "exportFileName" attribute.  :(