Sign in to follow this  
bmcwhorter

Animation And Slicing On Pyramid Chart Javascript

Hey,

The pyramid chart animates and slices in flash just fine.  But I am not getting the same behavior in javascript.  Is this intentional?  Do the pyramid charts in javascript support animation?  I am having trouble finding the documentation for the pyramid or funnel chart.

Thanks,

Ben

Hey,

The pyramid chart animates and slices in flash just fine.  But I am not getting the same behavior in javascript.  Is this intentional?  Do the pyramid charts in javascript support animation?  I am having trouble finding the documentation for the pyramid or funnel chart.

Thanks,

Ben

Could you please download the latest version of FusionWidgets, i.e, FusionWidgets XT (v3.3.1) Service Release 1 and see if this helps?

The animation and slicing is visible at our end in the JavScript chart when using the latest version.

For further details on Pyramid chart, please refer to the following link.

Ref.- http://docs.fusioncharts.com/widgets/Contents/?Pyramid/Introduction.html

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

I just tried again and confirmed that the behavior is not the same between flash and javascript.  Here's the chart definition:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><chart bgColor="9CF7F4" animation="1" isSliced="1" slicingDistance="2" plotFillAlpha="53" manageResize="1" showNames="0" showValues="1" showLabels="1" decimalPrecision="4" thousandSeparator="." decimalSeparator="" numberPrefix="" formatNumberScale="0" numberSuffix=""><set value="10000" name="HANAR" /><set value="20000" name="TOMSP" /><set value="3000" name="VICTE" /><set value="40000" name="ALFKI" /><set value="50000" name="ANATR" /></chart>

It animates in flash, but not in Javascript.  Using the debugger, I found that I am on version 3.3.1.  The debugger doesn't say if it's service release 1 or not.  Was pyramid animation fixed in service release 1?

Also, the chart debug info does not come up in javascript, it only works in flash.  Not sure if this is something you are aware of or not.

Hey,  Where can i download the service release?  I don't see a place for me to easily download it.  We already have a license, I just want to download just the update.

Hi,

The default animation works the same for Flash and JavaScript chart but the slicing effect does not work the same for both of them. This is an intended behavior for JavaScript charts.

Also, the attribute "slicingDistance" is not supported by the Pyramid chart. Could you please modify the XML accordingly?

And, for information on debugging JavaScript charts, you may refer the documentation link : http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/Debug/JS.html

Hope this helps. :)