Sign in to follow this  
madtux

OpenLaszlo + FC v3 + chart's size problem

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have small issue with FC v3 and OpenLaszlo (4.0.9). I am not sure if you will be able to help me, but at least you are the best people to ask ;-)

I have license for Fusion CHarts v2.3 and v3. I am implementing them in my web application based on Laszlo. I already have found *a lot of help* on OpenLaszlo forum:

http://forum.openlaszlo.org/showthread.php?t=7270&highlight=fusion+charts

My main problem was related with size of embed in app chart. I already had tested FC v2 (working with fusion library written for FC v2.3, available in the same post). But when I tried to use new charts

v3 I faced problems with size - chart was very, very big. Fortunately problem was already known and solved. I have found solution (in posted thread, page 3, as I remember). Especially useful was Esala's post who provided nice trick with with recompiling sources of charts.

So I have followed his advices and I have modified file "Init.as" (lines 34 and 35). I have changed lines:

var _chartWidth : Number = Stage.width;

var _chartHeight : Number = Stage.height;

with this:

var _chartWidth : Number = (rootAttr ["chartwidth"]);

var _chartHeight : Number = Number (rootAttr ["chartheight"]);

And then I have recompiled "fla" file to "swf" in Macromedia Flash 8 for every chart that I wanted:

Line.swf

MSLine.swf

Bar2D.swf

Column2D.swf

Column3D.swf

Pie2D.swf

Pie3D.swf

I have noticed that change haven't had any side effects on the charts - they looks brilliant (as usual :)

Line, bar, columns and pie charts were scaled properly. Unfortunately

MSLine chart was still bigger than my screen. So it looks like solution with recompiling is not working for MSLine chart. Maybe all multiseries charts are affected (I havn't checked that).

I am not familiar with source code of your charts to do more research (unfortunately I am not familiar with Flash also).

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,

madtux

Hi Pallav,

Thank you for reply. I am not able to test it now, but I will post result early next week.

Regards,

Madtux

Edited by Guest