Hello folks from Fusion Charts.

My name is Alejo, and I'm working for a company who bought the license for Fusion Charts and Fusion Maps. First they bought the license for Fusion Charts, and a couple of months later, the bought the Fusion Maps license.

I'm having a problem try to render in the same page a chart and a map. The problem appears when Flash is not available in the browser or device which is used to show these graphs.

At the begining we only had in our project the FusionCharts gallery. And all was working fine. Then, we wanted to include maps too. So, we bought the license for maps. But we don't made any change in our project, we only added the swf file for the regarding map we wanted to put in our application (USA map). So, in conclusion, we used the swf file with the existing core files from FusionCharts.

All went fine, until we realized that the map chart didn't work out when Flash is not available. So, we started to work on this problem. I followed the instructions from this page:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/maps/Contents/FirstMap/maps_charts.html

Basically, this page it's saying that no matter where you take the FusionCharts.js file from (and all his dependencies). The only requisite, is to choose the last version. So, I took the FusionCharts.js (and all the dependencies) version from the FusionMaps project, because it's was the last that we bought. Didn't work out. Because even the map started to work, the charts from FusionCharts started to fail. It's like charts from FusionCharts only works whit the core files from FusionChart project, and maps from FusionMaps only works with the core files from FusionMap project.

I decided to go ahead and compare the FusionCharts.js from FusionChart project versus FusionCharts.js from FusionMap project, and they are VERY different.

An idea came up to me. I tried to include in the same page the core files from two projects. Obviously, this didn't work out.

I don't want yet show my error, or post my code here. First I want you to answer my question.

So, my question for now is: Does anyone know how to render charts and maps in the same page? Anyone tried?

Thanks in advance!! 

Guest Sumedh

Hi Juan,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!

Please note to render chart and map on the same page, you would need to include all the necessary JavaScript libraries.

To render chart, you would need to add following JavaScript libraries into your project folder:

> FusionCharts.js

> FusionCharts.HC.js

> FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js

> jquery.min.js

To render map, you would need to add following files into your project folder:

> FusionCharts.HC.Maps.js

> Map specific JavaScript file, suppose you want to plot Asia map, then you would need to include FusionCharts.HC.asia.js file into your project folder.

Rest of the files are common, so you don't need to add extra FusionCharts.js etc. files to render map and chart on the same page. 

Can you please try with above files and let us know your feedback?

For more information, please refer the following link:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/FirstChart/MultipleCharts.html

Hope this helps!

Hello guys,

Sorry for the delay on this. Definitely this solution didn't worked for me. I picked FusionCharts.js from FusionCharts package and didn't worked. Can anyone try this solution on his local environment? I'll double check what I'm doing, because perhaps I'm making a sort of mistake. But, if at least someone can test this and make sure that it worked, I'll be sure that I'm missunderstanding something.

Also, I followed all the documentation from the docs page.

Thanks vey much!

Hi Sumedh,

We can make the map work in javascript. However, we have another problem. We have Fusion charts and maps running on the same page. The charts version is FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) Service Release 2 (Released on 25th January, 2012). the maps version is FusionMaps XT (v3.3.1 - Service Release 2) (Released on 28th May, 2013). When we use the common files (FusionCharts.js, FusionCharts.HC.js etc.) from FusionCharts XT, the charts work well in javascript, but the map is not working saying "chart type not supported". When we use the common files from FusionMaps XT, the map works well in javascript, but the charts don't work saying "chart type not supported". How to solve this?

Thank you!

Mike

Hey,

"Chart type not supported error" occurs since FusionCharts.js used at your end is from an older version(FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) Service Release 2 which does not support FusionMaps HTML 5 mode.

FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) Service Release 2 (Released on 25th January, 2012)

> FusionCharts.js

> FusionCharts.HC.js

> FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js

> jquery.min.js

And map files from FusionMaps XT (v3.3.1 - Service Release 2) (Released on 28th May, 2013) results in a version conflict.

You will only need to include FusionCharts.js in your Web page  and the rest of the JavaScript files will be automatically loaded on-demand by FusionCharts.js. Using FusionCharts.js from an older version will unable to load the files related to Maps(obtained from the latest version).

So, please try upgrading the FusionCharts XT JavaScript files to FusionCharts XT (v3.3.1 - Service Release 2) (28th May, 2013).

Hope this helps.

Hello,

This thread has been usefiul in possibly debugging an issue we are having.

We are currently evaluatiing your charts and maps package (via FusionChartsSuite XT trial) and are encountering the same issue of the maps not appearing on the same page as the charts.  After reviewing this thread inspecting the FusionCharts.js versions in both the FusionCharts and FusionMaps packages, I noticed that the versions are 3.2.2-release.3880 and 3.3.1-sr2.19840 respectively.

Would there be a way that we can get the versions sync'd up in order to continue our tests and evaluations?

Thanks,

Doug

Edited by DougHorne

Guest Sumedh

Hello Doug,

You can try out FusionMaps XT and FusionCharts XT with latest version i.e., v3.3.1 Service Release 2 files.

Both packages use the same build version number.