Pallav

Save graph as image using ASP?

Hi

I am creating a site for a client whereby they want to display charts and save the charts to use elsewhere and FusionCharts looks to be perfect. My only issue is the saving of the graph into an image - has anyone had any success with this? I want to know this will work before committing to buy.

I have found a component that will save images through ASP - ASPimage (http://www.serverobjects.com/comp/Aspimage.htm), and this looks like it might work. If anyone else has used this and got it to work then could you post an example please? Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Many thanks

Hi,

You can save the charts using ASP+ASPImage (which you'll have to license, though). We can create the ASP script for you using ASPImage to do so.

That sounds perfect - the only thing holding me back was the fact that I might not be able to save the charts as images. I take it you can provide the scripts by going through your support system once I have purchased FusionCharts?

Hi

Your support staff were very quick in your response with giving me a script to work with ASP Image however ASP Image have not responded at all to my requests to update their out of date trials on their website and therefore I have been unable to test it all. Does anyone know of any other components that do a similar job as ASP Image and that works with Fusion Charts please?

Thanks

Hi Jojo,

We have been wokring with the ASP Image saveing GD Wrapper taking cue from this URL :

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/asp/GDLibraryWrapper.aspx.

Couuld you please try the attached ASP file (FusionChartsSave.asp -  in a zip)?

N.B. Please note that you would need to download the required DLL files (GDLibrary.dll, bgd.dll) from the above URL and register them to Windows Registry. For this, I have also attached a batch file Install.bat which would help you ease the Registration process. Please download the DLLs in a folder, keep the Install.bat in the same folder and run Install.bat. Once installed yon can try FusionChartsSave.asp.

ASP_ImageSave.zip

Hi

I have just tried this and it all worked a treat (except the bat file but I just registered GDlibrary.dll and it worked fine).

Thank you very much for your excellent support :)

Hi,

We have alos tried our hands with another image writing DLL (as requested by one of our customers) which would help saving the chart as PNG file. Here is the URL to the DLL  from where you can download the DLL

http://www.oz.net/~cashton/dynimage.html

and register it using :

%SystemRoot%system32regsvr32.exe dynimage.dll

and attached is the code using the DLL :

ASP_ImageSave2.zip

Hi aguiducci,

The asp code invloved in this image saving is already given in the previous posts of this thread only. Please download any of the ZIP files I have posted. That would help you save the image (please follow the instrcutions). The code provide in the Zip files show how to use the dll.

The rest of image saving code or rather the image saving imvoking code (JavaScript) can be found from our Online Documentation :http://fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/JS_saveAsImage.html

Hi Sudipto,

I'm new to FusionCharts and I'm currently using the free version. I have successfully rendered my charts (in their respective asp pages) but unable to save them as images. I tried to download the ASP_ImageSave.zip file in your earlier post in this thread but was unsuccessful, it brought me to the forum mainpage when I clicked on it. Is the attachment already removed? Or is there any other way that I would be able to save the charts? I need help urgently.

Looking forward for your prompt reply. Thank you.

MaeYen

Hello, I'm french, so I don't write very well english. I search aspimage.dll because serverobjects has not.

I use this component on a server from Ikoula but I want to install it on my own server to try my dev.

In ASP, I use the syntax : Set objImage = Server.CreateObject("AspImage.Image")

I have found another aspImage but not correct for me, so I search this one (cretae with AspImage.Image)

Does somebody have it ?

Thansk in advance and sorry for my bad englsih

Hi,

Yes, you can use the latest FusionCharts JavaScript version and FusionCharts AP.NET wrapper for rendering supported charts in ASP.NET application.

We would like to request you please check the following tutorial link https://www.fusioncharts.com/blog/charting-in-asp-net/ for step by step process of including the FusionCharts.dll and how you could render the chart.

Also sample could be downloaded from there.

Hope this would help.

Thanks

Soumya

13 minutes ago, soumya said:

Hi,

Yes, you can use the latest FusionCharts JavaScript version and FusionCharts AP.NET wrapper for rendering supported charts in ASP.NET application.

We would like to request you please check the following tutorial link https://www.fusioncharts.com/blog/charting-in-asp-net/ for step by step process of including the FusionCharts.dll and how you could render the chart.

Also sample could be downloaded from there.

Hope this would help.

Thanks

Soumya

Thanks but it is an old "application" in ASP, not ASP.NET and my customer wants a new option. This "aspimage" is already in place on his web hosting and I can't found it to test on my own web host. I have found another "aspimage" but it is different and don't work on my server.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french

2 hours ago, db77 said:

Thanks but it is an old "application" in ASP, not ASP.NET and my customer wants a new option. This "aspimage" is already in place on his web hosting and I can't found it to test on my own web host. I have found another "aspimage" but it is different and don't work on my server.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french

FusionCharts does not support any plugin for Classic ASP and Microsoft has deprecated the Classic ASP hence only possible support is for ASP.NET.

Please check the tutorial link and implement accordingly.