yokie_joe

Flash Disabled - Javascript not working

I have disabled Flash on the following browsers:

Safari

Chrome ver 27

IE

Firefox ver 21.0

to see if javascript only charting capability is working.

It works with Safari and IE, but not with Chrome or Firefox. I am using the latest version of FusionCharts and the code is pasted below.

Can you please help me as to why charts aren't rendering in Chrome and FF.

Thanks,

Kevin

<html>   <head>   <LINK REL=StyleSheet HREF="stylesheet/analysis.css" TITLE="Contemporary">   <LINK REL=StyleSheet HREF="stylesheet/stylesheet.css" TITLE="Contemporary">   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">   <script type="text/javascript" src="FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js"></script>   <!--   <script type="text/javascript" src="FusionCharts/FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js"></script>   <script type="text/javascript" src="FusionCharts/FusionCharts.HC.js"></script>   <script type="text/javascript" src="FusionCharts/jquery.min.js"></script>   -->   <title>Graph It</title>   <script type="text/javascript"><!--   $(function() {   $( "#chartContainer" ).resizable();   });       function checkForMessage() {       if (false == true) {   alert("null");   }   }   // --></script>   </head>   <body onLoad="parent.hideProgressbar(); checkForMessage();">       <div id="chartContainer"></div>       <script type="text/javascript">   var myChart = new FusionCharts( "FusionCharts/MSCombi3D.swf", "myChartId", "100%", "100%", "0", "1" );   myChart.setXMLData('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><chart adjustDiv="1" animation="1" autoAlignTickValues="1" bgAlpha="0" bgColor="FFFFFF" canvasBgAlpha="0" caption="Bryan Sheehan - Energy Balance over 1 day(s) (Wed, Jun 19, 2013 to Wed, Jun 19, 2013)" endAngX="15" endAngY="-15" exeTime="1.5" formatNumberScale="0" manageValueOverlapping="1" numDivLines="4" numVisiblePlot="4" placeValuesInside="1" rotateValues="0" showBorder="0" showLabels="0" showValues="0" showYAxisValues="1" startAngX="0" startAngY="0" subCaption="Click and drag chart to rotate" tickvaluedistance="2" xAxisName="Date" yAxisMinValue="0" yAxisName="Energy Intake/Expenditure (kCal)" zGapPlot="50"><categories><category name="2013-06-19"/></categories><dataset color="AFD8F8" seriesname="Energy Expenditure"><set name="2013-06-19" value="3410"/></dataset><dataset color="99CC00" seriesname="Energy Intake"><set name="2013-06-19" value="126"/></dataset><dataset color="F6BD0F" seriesname="Energy Surplus/Deficit"><set name="2013-06-19" value="-3.3E+3"/></dataset></chart>');   myChart.render("chartContainer");       </script>       </body>   </html>

On further inspection, it appears that only the folowing chart types are not working properly in FF:

MSCombi3D

In Chrome, the followng chart types are not working:

Column3D

MSColumn3DLineDY

MSCombi3D

On further inspection, it appears that only the folowing chart types are not working properly in FF:

MSCombi3D

In Chrome, the followng chart types are not working:

Column3D

MSColumn3DLineDY

MSCombi3D

Hi,

We are unable to replicate the issue at our end.

Could you please check with the attached MCombi 3D chart sample and let us know if this works on Forefox and Chrome at your end?

Awaiting your reply.

MSCombi3D.zip

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The code you sent worked on both Chrome and FF.

I looked at the source code for the html file you attached.

It explictly stated to set Javascript as the renderer:

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');

I have added this line of code to the previous code I posted.

I have attached screenshots from three different browsers.

It displays correctly in Safari, but not on FF or Chrome.

I am getting the axes on Chrome, but other graphics (bar, area) are not displaying.

Nothing is displaying on FF except the container.

Kevin

post-10647-0-49425100-1371768176_thumb.jpg

post-10647-0-45401100-1371768191_thumb.jpg

post-10647-0-81258800-1371768268_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Can you please remove all the CSS being used and test it again? 

Ref: 

<html>
<head>

<script type="text/javascript" src="FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js"></script> 
 <title>Graph It</title> 
 </head>
 <body>
 <div id="chartContainer"></div>
 <script type="text/javascript">
    FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');
 var myChart = new FusionCharts( "MSCombi3D.swf", "myChartId", "500", "600", "0", "1" );
 myChart.setXMLData('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><chart adjustDiv="1" animation="1" autoAlignTickValues="1" bgAlpha="0" bgColor="FFFFFF" canvasBgAlpha="0" caption="Bryan Sheehan - Energy Balance over 1 day(s) (Wed, Jun 19, 2013 to Wed, Jun 19, 2013)" endAngX="15" endAngY="-15" exeTime="1.5" formatNumberScale="0" manageValueOverlapping="1" numDivLines="4" numVisiblePlot="4" placeValuesInside="1" rotateValues="0" showBorder="0" showLabels="0" showValues="0" showYAxisValues="1" startAngX="0" startAngY="0" subCaption="Click and drag chart to rotate" tickvaluedistance="2" xAxisName="Date" yAxisMinValue="0" yAxisName="Energy Intake/Expenditure (kCal)" zGapPlot="50"><categories><category name="2013-06-19"/>
</categories><dataset color="AFD8F8" seriesname="Energy Expenditure"><set name="2013-06-19" value="3410"/>
</dataset><dataset color="99CC00" seriesname="Energy Intake"><set name="2013-06-19" value="126"/>
</dataset><dataset color="F6BD0F" seriesname="Energy Surplus/Deficit"><set name="2013-06-19" value="-3.3E+3"/>
</dataset></chart>');
 myChart.render("chartContainer");
 </script>
 </body>
 </html>

Can you please try the above code and let us know if it works?

Hi Haritha,

I discovered the problem with FireFox.

I was calling a Javascript function in the body "onload" event.

When I removed this, the chart renders properly in FF.

So, FF is OK now.

I have removed the CSS from the web page.

I have run in Chrome but am still getting an error.

I get the following error in the Javascript console:

Uncaught RuntimeException: #25081850 myChartId::RendererManager Error >> There was an error rendering the chart. Enable FusionCharts JS debugMode for more information.
FusionCharts.js:15

I have attached the webpage.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Haritha,

I discovered the problem with FireFox.

I was calling a Javascript function in the body "onload" event.

When I removed this, the chart renders properly in FF.

So, FF is OK now.

I have removed the CSS from the web page.

I have run in Chrome but am still getting an error.

I get the following error in the Javascript console:

Uncaught RuntimeException: #25081850 myChartId::RendererManager Error >> There was an error rendering the chart. Enable FusionCharts JS debugMode for more information.

FusionCharts.js:15

I have attached the webpage.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Please note that the error you are facing is caused while rendering the chart. This is possibly caused when there is an issue while accessing the chart container HTMLNode element.

Ref.- http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?JavaScript/JS_Errors.html

Could you please recheck with your HTML code or send it to us as an attached txt file so that we might test it?

Hope this helps. Awaiting your feedback.