John_D

Draggable Annotations and Change Position of Gantt Task Labels

Hello:

We use annotations a lot and would really appreciate if you could make annotations draggable, just like you've already done for legends. I already sent in this request via email (before finding this forum), so please excuse the duplication.

Also, we use Gantt charts a lot, but cannot use the task labels because they appear up above the task bar being labeled (usually conflicting with a parallel task bar). We need to position the label text in the middle of the task bar instead of above it. I checked the XML attributes and styles but could not find a way to do this. Please add this to your list of requested enhancements, or let me know if there is already a way to do this.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi,

As for annotations, we'll definitely make them draggable in next version.

I couldn't understand "Also, we use Gantt charts a lot, but cannot use the task labels because they appear up above the task bar being labeled (usually conflicting with a parallel task bar). We need to position the label text in the middle of the task bar instead of above it. I checked the XML attributes and styles but could not find a way to do this. Please add this to your list of requested enhancements, or let me know if there is already a way to do this. "

Can you please send a screenshot for this?

OK - Here are images:

The number 1 image shows what it looks like now. The number 2 image shows how we would like to see it.

Thanks,

Ray

post-1681-128441565834_thumb.png

post-1681-128441565843_thumb.png

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

The requested feature has been put through to our wish list for future versions of FusionWidgets.

Thank you for your patience. :)

Hello Again:

In 2008 you said you were planning to make annotations draggable in the next version. However we are using the latest version and do not see the feature. Has this feature been implemented? If so, what XML attribute do we use? If not, do you still plan to implement it soon?

Thanks

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support the feature you are looking for, at this time.

We have taken a note of your request here and added the same in our wishlist.

We will try to implement this feature in our next release.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Hope you have a great day!smile.gif

In 2008 you said you were planning to make annotations draggable in the next version. However we are using the latest version and do not see the feature. Has this feature been implemented? If so, what XML attribute do we use? If not, do you still plan to implement it soon?

Lunette De Soleil

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

No, draggable annotations are not ready yet.

This feature will be implemented only if feasible.

However, with FusionWidgets XT, the Annotations are dynamically re-sizable.

Using the dynamic resizing feature of FusionWidgets XT, the annotations in all charts and gauges resize dynamically when the parent containers of the charts and gauges resize.

Hope this helps!

I recently started using Fusioncharts gantt chart and also needed to have the labels in the tasks.

As a work around I added two tasks, one for the actual task, and one for the label.  For the label task I set the color to #00000000 and the alpha to 0 to get an invisible task, but the label still renders, used some calculations of the original task height and topPadding to position task two's label over center of task one.

Would be nice to have this as a feature instead of hacking it up.

Hi,

As of now task bar label can be shown only above the task bar, however for a better work around you can show the label inside the task bar using annotation feature of FusionCharts which can be positioned using macros.

For details regarding positioning annotations using macros refer this link - http://www.fusioncharts.com/dev/advanced-chart-configurations/annotations/positioning-annotations-using-macros.html

For further reference please check this sample fiddle - http://jsfiddle.net/zq8q6apw/