Sign in to follow this  
lteng.coppertree

stacked column for combination chart

Hi,

I am using javascript rendered 3D combination charts (single Y). I was wondering if stacked column is possible. I noticed the attribute "overlapColumns" is applicable to dataset but it's doesn't work when I set it to "1". Any suggestions or is it not possible.

Thanks

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Do you wan to implement Stacked Column plots in 3D Combination single Y charts?

If yes, then it's not possible. 

If this doesn't suffice, then please elaborate more on your requirement.

Yes I wanted to include stacked columns and areas in 3D Combination Chart (single Y). I saw a property called "overlapColumns". From what I've seen, area is impossible but can you achieve stacked columns through cosmetics or dataset properties?

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

Stacked column plots can not be implemented in Combination 3D (single Y) chart and there is no workaround to implement the same.

Also, Combination 3D single y chart doesn't support "overlapColumns" attribute.

Apprently, if you use javascript renderer (I think flash renderer works, too) and StackedColumn3DLine and you can have area, too, by setting renderAs to "area". In this case, you can have stacked column, area and line. However, stacked area is impossible since it doesn't support any types of combination chart.

Also, I don't think overlapColumns is supported in any charts as I've tried to use it in varies type of charts so I don't know why it's there in the documentation.

Edited by lteng.coppertree

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Yes, if you are willing to plot the combination 3D single Y chart where, your have stacked columns with single and/or multi-series,  Line and/or Area plots, you could use "StackedColumn3DLine" chart of FusionCharts XT Package.

But, in this chart you will not plot stacked area plot along with stacked column plot.

For more information on "Stacked Column 3D Line Single Y Combination Chart Specification Sheet", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?ChartSS/StCol3DLine.html

Regarding "overlapColumns" attribute, we are looking into it. We will update you as soon as possible.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Regarding "overlapColumns" attribute, please note that this attribute will be applicable to multi-series charts, where it changes the gap between the series.

That means, if overlapColumns='1' then there will be no gap between columns from different series for JavaScript multi-series charts.

Hope I am able to clarify myself.