Nizar

How to filter a number of charts using one filter

Hi,

We are currently testing the trial version of Collabion Charts for SharePoint and thinking about buying the product.

But onr of the most important feature that we need is to be able to filter a number of charts in a dashboard using one unique filter.

To give you an exemple we have dashbord that have information related to our SharePoint farm statistics, and it has charts to show sites and content databases and their sizes and all sort of other information.

What I want to do is to be able to filter all the charts by Web Application all at once, without having to setup an individual filter for each charts.

It is possible to do this in SharePoint by using the OOTB charts webpart and attach it to a list webpart, is it possible to replicate this in Collabion ?

Many Thanks,

Nizar Ghribi

Hi Nizar,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum.

Filtering multiple charts with a single unique filter is not possible with the current released version of Collabion, but we are happy to announce that in our next version you can filter as many charts as you wish with a single unique OOTB sharepoint filter. 

We are bringing many new features in our next release, out of those unique features one feature is the ability to connect Collabion Charts with list view webpart and sharepoint filter web parts using web part connection.

So you can use any such filter like query string filter (as you mentioned) web part, choice filter web part, text filter web part, bdc filter, list view web part etc. and connect these web parts with Collabion Charts. 

You can use one such filter web part and connect that filter to as many Collabion Chart web parts as you wish. 

We will release the next version in October. 

Hi Nizar,

Welcome to FusionCharts forum.

Filtering multiple charts with a single unique filter is not possible with the current released version of Collabion, but we are happy to announce that in our next version you can filter as many charts as you wish with a single unique OOTB sharepoint filter. 
We are bringing many new features in our next release, out of those unique features one feature is the ability to connect Collabion Charts with list view webpart and sharepoint filter web parts using web part connection.
So you can use any such filter like query string filter (as you mentioned) web part, choice filter web part, text filter web part, bdc filter, list view web part etc. and connect these web parts with Collabion Charts. 
You can use one such filter web part and connect that filter to as many Collabion Chart web parts as you wish. 

We will release the next version in October. 

Hi Diptarag,

Can you please let me know when the next version with One-to-Many webpart filter connectivity will be released?

October is gone. I am seriously looking for this feature.

Thanks!

Rahul,

I happened to see your reply just now.

Today, I got the link for the beta version. Thanks for sending it.

I have problems in configuring it and I will start a separate thread.

Thanks,

Krishnan.

Hi Krishnan,

I was wondering whether you sent the email to us or not?