imacomber

IE8 Maps Rendering is Running Slow

I am working with FusionMaps XT v3.3.1 rendering JavaScript-only maps in the following fashion:  first rendering a global map with countries, which has one linked map for the United States (showing each state).

The issue I'm seeing is that when I try to render the initial map, which loads up the global map with countries, it works fine in all browsers except for IE8.  In IE8, the browser waits a few moments (about 12 seconds) and then displays the following message:  Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

If I comment out the chart's rendering function call within my script the page displays normally and quickly without this message showing up.

What should I do to either further troubleshoot this issue or (hopefully) resolve it?

Hi,

We tried to render a USA map on IE 8 and it seems that the map gets rendered fine at our end. Please find the attached screenshot of the same.

Also, we have used the version v3.3.1 SR2 in the sample. Could you please check if you are using the same version? If not, you may download the trail copy of the same from http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/trials/

And, please check if  you are able to see the map from the following link from our demo gallery. 

Awaiting your response.

post-37797-0-91457600-1378969684_thumb.png

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

The problem reported by you has been identified as a bug. We shall be looking into fixing this with the new map JS structure.

We shall update this thread for further developments. :) 

Hi imacomber,

We are working towards fixing it but are unable to commit any timeline for the same as of now.

We shall keep updating this thread about its developments.