Sign in to follow this  
chart-newbie

Character missing and wrapped on x-label

In the two attached charts, I have the following in chart attributes:

labelDisplay='Rotate' slantLabels='1'

The labels do get rotated at 45 degree on the carts. however, there are missing or wrapped characters on the first lablel. This made them hard for users to understand:

1) on the first chart: the first label "Mar" are rendered as "M" only;

2) on the second chart: the first lable "Sep" are rendered in two lines, "Se" and "P".

Could you please let me know what's the problem? or is it a bug in fushionchart?

Thanks!

post-30898-0-43019600-1380827201_thumb.jpg

post-30898-0-33888600-1380827207_thumb.jpg

Edited by chart-newbie

Guest Rishab

Hi,

Please provide a code snippet that may help in comprehension and also let me know the FusionCharts XT version you are using to render the chart.

I am unable to replicate the issue at my end in the mentioned scenario.

The attached items are the screenshots of the charts rendered by using current version of FusionCharts XT.

post-47865-0-58794900-1380875266_thumb.jpg

post-47865-0-13948600-1380875277_thumb.jpg

Guest Rishab

Hi,

The 'canvasPadding' attribute of the <chart> element allows you to set empty space on the left and right side of the data plot. The issue you are facing is due to space constraint when the value of 'canvasPadding' is set to '0'.

I suggest you to explicitly set the value of 'slantLabels' to '0' to resolve your issue in case of Flash Charts.

Also, you can remove the 'canvasPadding' attribute and then try rendering the chart.

As a suggestion, you can render JavaScript chart to meet your requirement regarding the canvas padding with no data label issues.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, either slantLabels=0 or removing 'canvasPadding=0' fixes the lable display issue itself. however, they also introduced other issue.

I want to keep 'canvasPadding=0' to cause the effect of only my own area colors filling the entire plot space, instead of having unwantted padding area. (the color effect of what's shown in the first chart I attached)

I also want to keep 'slantLabels=1' to have 45 angle lable display, to have the consistent label angle with all my other charts.

Can that be achieved?

Thanks!

Guest Rishab

Hi,

I suggest you to use a JavaScript chart in case you want to fulfill the above mentioned scenario.

In flash charts, due to the space constraint when the values of the attribute 'canvasPadding' is set to '0' and 'slantLabels' to '1' the wrapping of Labels will take place.

The attached item is the screenshot of the JavaScript charts rendered using the data you provided in the earlier post using FusionCharts 3.2.4-release.8565.

post-47865-0-14545200-1381222634_thumb.jpg