Sign in to follow this  
flapane

Data Label customization

Hello,

I'd like to use the rotate and labelstep features described here: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?AttDesc/DataLabels.html

However, I don't know where chart element is. I just have a graph element

I'm passing the data to FCF_line from a 2-dimensional PHP array:

$strXML = "<graph caption='xxx' subcaption='xxxx' xAxisName='xxx' yAxisName='xxx' baseFont='Arial' baseFontSize ='18' baseFontColor ='000000' numberPrefix='' formatNumberScale='0' decimalPrecision='2' yAxisMinValue='-0.5' yAxisMaxValue='2' adjustDiv='0' numDivLines='9' divLineIsDashed='1' divLineColor='8CB1FF' numVDivLines='xxx'>";
foreach ($arrData as $arSubData)
    $strXML .= "<set name='" . $arSubData[1] . "' value='" . $arSubData[2] ."' color='#FF0000' />";
$strXML .= "</graph>";
echo renderChart("../../FusionCharts/FCF_Line.swf", "", $strXML, "liftcurve", 700, 700);

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

P.S

Any way to use HTML special chars (ie. greek letters or è ò à) in the captions? I just get an empty space whenever I use them.

Edited by flapane

Guest Rishab

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum :) ,

The <graph> element is the root element of FusionCharts Free and <chart> element is the root element of FusionCharts XT.

You can use 'rotateNames' attrubute of <graph> element to rotate the x-axis names.

For ex-

<graph rotateNames='1'>

'labelStep' is the feature of the FusionCharts XT package (non-free version).

However you can use the attribute 'showName' of the <graph> element to manually show/hide the x-axis names.

For ex-

<graph numberPrefix='$' >
    <set name='Jan 2006' value='434' />
    <set name='Feb 2006' value='376' showName='0' />
    <set name='May 2006' value='356' />
</graph>

I suggest you to please upgrade to FusionCharts XT to use the 'rotate' and 'labelStep' and many more advanced features.

You may download the latest trial version of FusionCharts suite from the link below-
www.fusioncharts.com/download/trials

To use the special characters the HTML/application file containing the XML as well as the chart SWF should have the BOM stamp.

Please refer the below link for more information on showing special characters-
http://kb.fusioncharts.com/questions/162/Can+I+use+multi-lingual+text+in+FusionCharts%3F

Hi,

thanks for the thorough answer.

As for the UTF8 encoding, I thought that

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

in .htaccess was enough, maybe I was wrong.

Edited by flapane