sagarm

Export Fusion Chart To PDF file..

Hi,

Could you please let us know if you are trying to export a Flash chart or JavaScript chart?

Please refer the link http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/exporting-image/server-side/ECServerSave.html for exporting Flash charts and saving the exported PDF on server.

Also, please find the attached sample for exporting Flash charts in JSP.

Please attach your complete sample here if this does not resolve your problem.

ExportDemo.zip

Hi,

Apologies for inconvenience.

Please find the modified "FCExporter.jsp" present in the attached Zip file.

Please replace this file with an old one and let us know your feedback.

FCExporter.zip

Hi haritha...

i facing the problem with fusion chart...My problem is when i run the jsp page it displays one ore more fusion chart report  on browser..in that page i want to place one button which is Convert to PDF  after all fusion chart report add to PDF...so please give me any solution for that.....

Hi haritha there is any solution in fusion chart like JFreeChart in which we can generate chart report as per our data and easily add to PDF with java... in same way it is possible with fusionchart report

Hi,

Please find the response below:

1.  i facing the problem with fusion chart...My problem is when i run the jsp page it displays one ore more fusion chart report  on browser..in that page i want to place one button which is Convert to PDF  after all fusion chart report add to PDF...so please give me any solution for that.....

>> Do you want to export each chart to PDF or want to do batch export of all charts in a page to PDF? 

2. Hi haritha there is any solution in fusion chart like JFreeChart in which we can generate chart report as per our data and easily add to PDF with java... in same way it is possible with fusionchart report

>> FusionCharts provides its own API for exporting charts. The jars fcexporter.jar,fcexporthandler.jar and fchelper.jar are used to export Flash variant of FusionCharts in Java. These Jars have been created to aid the users of FusionCharts to export charts easily in J2EE applications.

Hi,

1)i want to export each chart to PDF which is displayed on browser?

2) Using FusionCharts API you have any example as per my requierment.

Hi,

Ans: Please find the attached sample modified according to your requirement. In the sample attached, a button named "Export to PDF" is present. Clicking on this button lets you export the chart to PDF file.

Ans: All the samples attached in this post use FusionCharts API to export Flash charts.

Hope this helps.

ExportDemo.zip

Hi...

Thanks Haritha... its working fine for one chart..... but there is one or more chart displayed on browser then how to add all these chart in single PDF file...

Thanks for ur help....

Hi,

It is not possible to achieve the desired functionality using the jars fcexporter.jar,fcexporthandler.jar and fchelper.jar, as of now. But you may use "FCExporter.swf" and "FusionChartsExportComponent.js" to batch export all charts to a single PDF. 

Please refer the link : http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/index.html?exporting-image/batch-exporting/ECBatchOverview.html

Hope this helps.

Hi,

It is not possible to save PDF to server's machine (or client) automatically using Batch export of charts, as of now.

Hope this helps.

hi..Haritha..

I want to add table tag  data with fusion chart to  exporter PDF file ..please give me any help.

n one more question is Fusion Chart Report is working in Internet Explorer browser or not.. because i am not tested i am using ubuntu os so please tell me.

Edited by sagarm

Hi,

1. I want to add table tag  data with fusion chart to  exporter PDF file ..please give me any help.

>> It is not possible to export FusionCharts along with other contents present in the page using FusionCharts API. However, you may use third party tools like wkhtmltopdf,PhantomJS etc which use shell scripting for exporting the page. Please refer our blog post: http://blog.fusioncharts.com/2013/03/how-to-save-charts-as-images-at-server-side/

2. one more question is Fusion Chart Report is working in Internet Explorer browser or not.. because i am not tested i am using ubuntu os so please tell me.

>> Chart rendered on IE browser can be exported to PDF file.

Hope this helps.

hi haritha..

is there any way how to export  fusion chart with some data displayed in table tag related to fusion chart .i want export both  to same PDF file in jsp ..

please help me ..

or

have u any example in wkhtmltopdf file.

hy haritha ..

can i export gird chart to PDF file.i tried but only fusion chart is export but fusion grid chart is not exporting to PDF file.

Edited by sagarm

Hi,

1. Is there any way how to export  fusion chart with some data displayed in table tag related to fusion chart .i want export both  to same PDF file in jsp ..please help me .. have u any example in wkhtmltopdf file.

>> As you said you may use third party tools like wkhtmltopdf or PhantomJS. You may refer the link : http://blog.fusioncharts.com/2013/03/how-to-save-charts-as-images-at-server-side/

However, we donot have any ready sample available as of now.

2. can i export gird chart to PDF file.i tried but only fusion chart is export but fusion grid chart is not exporting to PDF file.

>> Yes it is possible to export single series Grid  component. But since it is a charting component, it does not get exported automatically along with the chart. You need to export it separately like you export other FusionCharts.

If you want to export it along with some other chart, then you may use Batch export (if you are using Flash) or wkhtmltopdf mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I am working on a website development in Asp.net C#. I have used Fusioncharts pure javascript chart. I want to export the whole page content (i.e charts and grids) to pdf. For that I need to get individual images of charts saved to a location in server on a single button click . Please help.

Thanks

Guest Sumedh

Hello,

If you want to export all the web-page content along with the charts, then you can try using PhantomJS or wkhtmltoimage implementations.

In both implementations, you would need to pass the HTML page (your web-page in which charts will be rendered) and it will convert the entire web-page into image/pdf.

For more information, please refer the following link:

http://blog.fusioncharts.com/2013/03/how-to-save-charts-as-images-at-server-side/

Hope this helps!

Hi Sumedh,

i read the phantomjs example but i want to implement in jsp page where displays the multiple fusion chart and html table tag data. so please give me any example with jsp .

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi Sagarm,

As per the steps provided in the Blog post: http://blog.fusioncharts.com/2013/03/how-to-save-charts-as-images-at-server-side/ , irrespective of the server side technology you are using for your application, you need to first use the JavaScript code snippet of generating the image/PDF from the URL of your webpage.

Then, within your JSP page write the JAVA code to run the JavaScript code from shell using PhantomJS executable.

Hope this helps!

On 11/6/2013 at 4:19 PM, Haritha said:

Hi,

Ans: Please find the attached sample modified according to your requirement. In the sample attached, a button named "Export to PDF" is present. Clicking on this button lets you export the chart to PDF file.

Ans: All the samples attached in this post use FusionCharts API to export Flash charts.

Hope this helps.

ExportDemo.zip

Can yo please tell me why the file is empty.

Hi Ajay,

FusionCharts offers native JSP wrapper using which you could render charts using java as server-side language, please check this link for details - https://www.fusioncharts.com/dev/using-with-server-side-languages/java/introduction.html

Please note you could also export the chart using FusionCharts JSP wrapper.

Please check this sample which showcases an export feature using FusionCharts JSP wrapper - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybex31h034btgjc/FusionChart_export.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps.