Sign in to follow this  
Jschluchter

Click to activate and use this control

Hi all,

The only way I can get the update panels to properly show charts is by usring RenderChartHTML. Works GREAT. However, I get the 'Click to activate and use this control' when using IE7.

Any solution or resolution to this problem that anyone knows about?

I have the same problem. I had it all working fine but there was a new requirement to load FusionCharts asynchronously (AJAX callback). After I did that RenderChart would not work anymore, but RenderHTMLChart works great. Unfortunately it creates the "Click to activate and use this control" issue.

I am not even bothered by this message but what happens is that once a user expends the main menu which goes over a chart, then the charts border becomes rendered over the top of the menu. If I just click a single time on the chart the problem goes away (until I refresh the page again).

I spent hours on this issue and I just think we cannot release it to production like that.

Thanks.

I was able to figure this one out. I had to do the following thing in my callback function:

// res is just an xml string that my ajax call returns

var myChart = new FusionCharts("../Charts/Column3D.swf", "RCP6Months", "700", "200", "0", "0", "1");

myChart.setDataXML(res);

myChart.render("myChartDiv");

Hi,

Just to through some light on the issue which you stated earlier:

once a user expends the main menu which goes over a chart, then the charts border becomes rendered over the top of the menu

Because, To render the chart behind an object, it is required to make the chart transparent.

So, the code you are using is making the chart transparent.