Sign in to follow this  
shailendra311285

Javascript execution on tooltext of fusion chart

I want to execute javascript function that will return a tabular structure view on tooltip. But the following code is not executable.

<set value='1.42' tooltext='javascript:showTooltip(100,200);'/>

How can i do this. So please try to explain the javascript execution on toolText of javascript.

Guest Rishab
Hi,

You can only use the JavaScript functions as dataplot links.

As of now the feature you are looking for -"the JavaScript execution on toolText"  is not possible.

However, as per your requirements as mentioned in the above post to get a tabular structure in your tooltip, you can provide the encoded the HTML tags in the attribute - 'toolText' of the <chart> element..

For ex-
<chart>
<set label='Jan' value='420000' toolText='<table border="2"><tr><td>Table1</td><td>Table2</td></tr></table>' />
</chart>
The attached item is the screenshot of the same.post-47865-0-35293200-1386665786_thumb.jpg

Please Note- This workaround will only work for JavaScript charts.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rishab,

I have already implemented your suggestion, but in this scenario large of data traveling from server to client by the above solution. So i want to execte some javascript function where some value passes and result string like this(<table border="2"><tr><td>Table1</td><td>Table2</td></tr></table>) i will get on toolTip.

So please look into this matter.

--

Thanks

Guest Rishab

Hi,

You can only use the JavaScript functions as dataplot links.

As of now the feature you are looking for -"the JavaScript execution on toolText"  is not possible.