KJohn

Hovering over markers

Hi! I have a map with countries. When I hover over any country area it changes color. If markers are defined on map(for example in shape of circle) and I try to hover over those markers, country area is not changing color(it only changes color when I hover over contries area and not markers inside that area).

Is there a solution for this problem or it's not possible for contries to change color when you hover over both(markers and contry areas)?

I have searched all over internet on how to solve this but nothing similar was found.

Thanks

Hi!

My problem can be reproduced by using your map builder - http://docs.fusioncharts.com/maps/Tools/GUI/FusionMapsGUI.html

When choosing Europe(All regions) map and defining marker on this map(and hover color is enabled) my issue can be seen.

Bellow are map xml from your map generator:

<map animation='0' showShadow='0' showBevel='0' showMarkerLabels='1' fillColor='F1f1f1' borderColor='000000' baseFont='Verdana' baseFontSize='10' markerBorderColor='000000' markerBgColor='FF5904' markerRadius='6' legendPosition='bottom' useHoverColor='1' showMarkerToolTip='1'  >
    <data>
        <entity id='01'  />
        <entity id='02'  />
        <entity id='03'  />
        <entity id='04'  />
        <entity id='05'  />
    </data>
    <markers>
        <definition>
            <marker id='marker1' x='246.82' y='247.17' label='my marker'  />
        </definition>
        <application>
            <marker id='marker1' shapeId='circle'  />
        </application>
    </markers>
</map>

If you will just copy and paste this xml information into your map builder and press "Update Map" on XML Output tab then this problem might not show up. It's better to define marker from Markers tab.

Edited by KJohn

Guest Sumedh

Hello,

When you hover on the marker, it will not change the color for the entity.

Since, marker is another element which is rendered over the map entities.

Hope this helps!

Is it even possible to change color for entity when hovering over markers?

If it is could you please point to some materials written about that or show an example?

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

The feature of "change color for entity when hovering over markers" is not supported by FusionMaps XT, as of now.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

I am afraid, this "MarkerRollover" event will not fulfill your requirement.

There might be a possibility to update the entity color by listening to the "MarkerRollover" event. But to update only a single entity color and to get back to its original color on "MarkerRollout" event, is not possible.

FusionMaps XT provides you the feature of either updating the map attributes or update the entire map XML/JSON data.

For more information on "Map XML Sheet", please visit the link: http://docs.fusioncharts.com/maps/Contents/DataFormats/XML.html

Hope I am able to clarify myself.