Sign in to follow this  
Vasanth1984

Fusion Chart Click Event

I had two questions:

-->I need to be able to pass the entire chart data when i click anywhere on the chart (except on data points)? What event do i use ?

-->I need to be able to pass a data of that "series" when i click on any of the hotspots or data points? What event do i use for this?

-->The last question was how do i distinguish between these two click events?

I looked around for events relating to this but didnt find any documentation for these clicks. Can you help me with this?

Thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum.

-->I need to be able to pass the entire chart data when i click anywhere on the chart (except on data points)? What event do i use ?

Ans: You may make the entire chart as a hotspot and then on clicking anywhere on the chart, you may open a JavaScript function. Inside this function, you may use "getXMLData()" or "getJSONData" functions to get the entire XML/JSON data.

You may use the attribute "clickURL" of chart element to make the entire chart as hotspot. 

Ref.

XML:

<chart ... clickURL='javaScript:myFunction()' >

JS:

function myFunction()

{

var chartReference = FusionCharts("myChartId"); 
var chartXML = chartReference.getXMLData();

}

For more information on getting chart data back from chart, refer : http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/JavaScript/JS_DataBackFromChart.html

-->I need to be able to pass a data of that "series" when i click on any of the hotspots or data points? What event do i use for this?

Ans: You may use "link" attribute of set element for calling a JavaScript function and passing the required data.

Eg.

<set label='Jan' value='50' link='javaScript:myJS("50")' />

For more information, refer : http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/DrillDown/JavaScript.html

-->The last question was how do i distinguish between these two click events?

Ans: The "link" attribute overrides the "clickURL". Hence, you will be able to have different links for data plots and for rest of the chart area.

Hope this helps.