Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Slow rendering Gantt chart

Hi,

I have a Gantt chart that display about 600 tasks, but it takes about 58 seconds to display.

It's a very slow rendering.

You can test with the Xml testSlow.xml

Best regards,

Ghost

testSlow.xml

Guest Sumedh

Hello,

Since, you are trying to plot 600 tasks, the chart's performance depends on the various factors such as number of processes running at the time of rendering, machine configuration, memory utilization etc.

So, rendering Gantt chart with 600 tasks and considering other factors will anyway affect on chart's performance.

To reduce the delay somewhat, try disabling animation, tooltips and other visual configurations.

hi,

i have a very good machine, no animation, and just one tooltext for each task.

But if i have to disable all the options of fusion charts for rendering 600 tasks, it's very disapointing.

Ghost

Hey,

As Sumedh mentioned earlier, wcleardot.gifith regard to performance issue of Gantt chart, please note that FusionCharts Suite XT performance depends on various factors as machine configuration (RAM capacity, Processor speed), number of processes running at the time of rendering the chart, number of data points plotted, number of charts loaded per page, browser version etc.

However, JavaScript charts take time during initial loading and subsequent loading of charts in the browser takes less time for the charts to render. This happens because the browser does not have to reload the JS files in subsequent rendering. Meanwhile, we are constantly putting in our effort to improve the performance of JS charts over various versions of FusionCharts.

Can you please let us know the browser details where the issue has been faced? At my end, it took around 30 secs to load in a Chrome browser.

Hope this helps.